Paul LeBlanc, president of Southern New Hampshire University, explains his vision of competency-based education and what has surprised him from his college's own experiment.
Julio Frenk, dean of faculty at Harvard’s school of public health and a former minister of health in Mexico, will take the helm of the research institution.
- Adelphi U. President Retires After Turning Around a Grim Situation, and Other News About People
- Former Director of Congressional Budget Office to Lead Harvard's Kennedy School, and Other News About People
- From Managing a Private-Equity Fund to Leading a Catholic University, and Other News About People
- Harvard’s University Librarian to Retire, and Other News About People
What I'm Reading
As he moves from a historically black university to a predominantly white institution, Sydney Freeman Jr. looks to narratives of other black scholars for guidance.
- What I’m Reading: ‘Becoming Madison’ and ‘Madison’s Gift’