Recent controversies over faculty speech have led the storied institution’s leaders to make a formal change.
The program, approved on Thursday, allows students to fuse computer science and the humanities. The major will be offered starting this fall.
Experts convene at a George Mason University workshop to improve scholarly books before they are published.
A slate led by two former presidents is seeking to oust the association's current leaders, whom the challengers accuse of neglecting the group's historic mission.
Less money means less science, as shown by a Chronicle survey of more than 10,000 researchers.
- Hiring That Crosses Disciplines Can Create New Tensions
- Digging Deeper, Archaeologists Throw New Light on Old Finds
- U. of Illinois at Chicago Strike Showed Unusual Support for Contingent Faculty
- Taking Political Stands Does Not Sit Well With All Scholarly Groups
- To Improve Equity, Focus on Stipends, Graduate Students Say
Faculty Salary Data
Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2012-13, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
Tight finances have led to another year in which average pay barely increased, eroding professors' buying power and exacerbating inequities facing seasoned faculty members.