Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Daniel W. Jones, a medical doctor, will oversee program development at the university’s Mississippi Center for Obesity Research.
- Changes in Colorado Prompt Call for a New Kind of Professor; and Other News About People
- U. of Miami to Get Its First Hispanic Leader, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The project tried to replicate the results of 100 psychology studies. Only 39 percent withstood scrutiny.
- At U. of Missouri, Grad Students Rally for Better Conditions, and Faculty Come to Their Aid
Can effective teachers learn from the unconditional love of effective parents?
How not to treat a senior eminence whose manuscript you’ve solicited.
- 10 Things This Instructor Loves
- Inertia vs. Freedom in Faculty Life
- Scholars Talk Writing: Sam Wineburg
- The Completion Agenda, Part 4: Finishing and the Job Hunt
- Of Cannibals and Conferences
- Late Again?
- The Sad Story of the P.M.A.
- Information Technology: The Accidental Career for Ph.D.s
- The Art of the Rejection Letter
- Final Exams or Epic Finales
- Have I Become an Educated Rita?
- The Better Angels of Our Writing
- Building a Better Discussion
- Knowing When to Say When
- Next Time With Dignity
- Speaking for the 'Quitters' and 'Failures'
- The Myth That Academic Science Isn't Biased Against Women
- Losing Faith in Religious Higher Education
The University of Roehampton, London provides a high-quality learning experience in a friendly and supportive environment. The Roehampton ethos sees higher education as an important driver of both personal growth and social change. Roehampton...