Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Medical College’s Next President to Focus on Health Care for the Underserved, and Other News About People
James E.K. Hildreth is returning to Meharry Medical College, a historically black institution, after serving as a dean in California.
- New Director of Center for International Higher Education to Redirect Its Focus, and Other News About People
- Harvey Mudd Professor Engages Students in Saving Tropical Forests, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
An analysis of more than 200 court decisions involving faculty members’ First Amendment lawsuits says colleges usually win.
- ‘We Need to Take a Look at the Data’: How 2 Persistent Grad Students Upended a Blockbuster Study
It’s not in your interest to attend if you’re a contingent faculty member.
What can you do in your own classroom to keep students on track?
- How to Talk to a Writer
- A Medievalist on Savage Love
- The Commencement Minefield
- Culture Is No Excuse
- Underprepared for the Profession
- Cheating Inadvertently
- Stop Withholding Basic Information
- 'So What Are You Going to Do With That?'
- Graduate Students Cannot Live by Pimentos Alone
- Why I Love Academic Conferences
- Defending My Grades
- The Completion Agenda, Part 1
- What Graduate Advisers Can Do to Help
- Stop the Resource Bombing
- The 7 Fundamental Conditions of Learning
- A Hockey Mom Seeks Tenure
- The Challenges of Writing 'I'
- Citations, Divorce, and Name Changes
James Cook University (JCU) is Australia’s leading university for the tropics and is ranked in the top 4% of the world’s tertiary institutions for academic studies and research *. The multi-campus university spans two countries, with the...