Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Ex-Lawmaker Embraces Chance to Improve Social Relations at the U. of Oklahoma; and Other News About People
Jabar Shumate, new vice president for the university community, says he is encouraged by students’ response to a shocking incident.
- New Dean Asks More of a Successful Law School, and Other News About People
- Career-Office Director Seeks Jobs for Every Last Polar Bear, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The study, covering nearly three decades of projects backed by the National Institutes of Health, found that those with higher review scores earn more and better mentions.
- Iowa Legislator Wants to Give Students the Chance to Fire Underwhelming Faculty
The semester was over, but the adjunct instructor wasn’t done working, just done being paid.
Graduate students should remember that the dissertation is the beginning of their research, not the endpoint.
- What Graduate Advisers Can Do to Help
- Stop the Resource Bombing
- The 7 Fundamental Conditions of Learning
- A Hockey Mom Seeks Tenure
- The Challenges of Writing 'I'
- Citations, Divorce, and Name Changes
- The 3 Essential Functions of Your Syllabus, Part 2
- On Almost Teaching in China
- Shared Governance or Snared Governance?
- The Problem of Professionalization
- Speed Advising?
- Hiring the Dean's Kid
- The 4 Properties of Powerful Teachers
- Hedging Your Bets
- The Tenured Entrepreneur
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 5
- The Benefits of No-Tech Note Taking
- Presenting Without a Net
Amity University is India's Ranked No. 1 non-profit private
University. It is one of India's first private Universities and is
part of the Amity Education Group with over 80,000 students, across
1,000 acres of hi-tech campuses.