Despite a rash of bad behavior, Greek organizations thrive in part because their insurance policies help them pass liability on to others.
Officials at the colleges have established emergency funds for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students whose families cut them off financially after they come out.
The agency's findings stand in stark contrast to the results of a Department of Justice audit, which found widespread denial of benefits by one servicer.
What you need to know about the past seven days.
In an era of innovation, higher education clings to an age-old system fueled by debatable metrics.
- 2 Rivals in College-Application Industry Chart New Courses
- ‘End of the World’? Knight Commission Hears 3 Visions for Stabilizing College Sports
- A Positive Stereotype Both Helps and Harms Asian-American Students
- Education Dept. Readies Debt-Forgiveness Plan for Ex-Corinthian Students
- Tensions Persist as UVa Board Prepares to Extend President’s Contract
Some leaders draw hefty compensation while their states suffer from huge shortfalls.
- Searchable Database: Compensation of Private-Institution Chief Executives
- Interactive Tool: Tuition Over Time, 1999-2010