Wallace Hall may face impeachment for what some call a vendetta against the president of the University of Texas at Austin.
Changes would soften punitive underwriting standards put into place three years ago to deal with delinquent debts.
The president and vice president announced $100-million in support for the programs, which attract few women because they focus on male-dominated fields.
Community colleges will be able to compete for the grant money, to help prepare workers for in-demand positions.
- Paying for College: Experts Gather in Search of New Models
- NCAA Looks to Redefine Its Policy on Academic Fraud
- Pitzer College to Take Fossil-Fuel Divestment a Few Steps Further
- Sen. Warren Proposes Allowing Student-Loan Borrowers to Refinance Debt
- Colleges See Big Savings in Centralized Buying
Some leaders draw hefty compensation while their states suffer from huge shortfalls.
- Searchable Database: Compensation of Private-Institution Chief Executives
- Interactive Tool: Tuition Over Time, 1999-2010