Institutions are hiring new managers whose specialty is buying in bulk. Their challenge? Departments accustomed to autonomy.
Online or off, learning’s more successful when it’s more social.
A new Ph.D. adjusts to a faculty job and to a foreign classroom.
More on Research
Two researchers discuss their study of inequality in higher education, which involved the women on one freshman floor of a public-college flagship.
The Oral History Association's first-ever executive director, Clifford M. Kuhn, must lead it through the rocky terrain of legal challenges and digital advances.
- Conn. and Mass. Governors Propose Big Spending Increases for Higher Education
- Boston U. Receives Coveted Invitation to Join Assn. of American Universities
- 'It's Almost as if Max Eastman Quoted From the Novel ... So That We'd Have This Great Proof'
- The Great Pretender
- Is Pushing Faculty Productivity Worthwhile?
- Inside the Cuban Missile Crisis