After hearing high praise from the performer Henry Rollins, librarians delved into discussions of the library's changing role in the academic enterprise.
Wealthy colleges in New Orleans celebrated their revival years ago. For Southern University’s campus, the road back to health has been harder.
Trauma altered canonical writers' worldviews. We can't understand thinkers' insights without understanding their ordeals.
How academe can open up debate about the future of doctoral education to graduate students.
More on Libraries
Edward L. Widmer has stepped down as director of a library at Brown University to advise both Brown's president and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The shift to digital has effects on staffing as well, as new numbers from the Association of Research Libraries show.
- At Libraries, Quiet Makes a Comeback
- In Praise of Reference-Book Authors
- HathiTrust Lawsuit Highlights Authors' Fears
- On Mistakenly Shredding a Prized Collection
- Fair Use and Copyright: The Law Is the Law
The Academic Librarian
Just because your students are computer-literate doesn't mean they are research-literate.
Recent job postings and hires suggest that many academic libraries are losing interest in hiring humanities Ph.D.'s
- Academic Librarians and Rank
- The Four Habits of Highly Effective Librarians
- Show Your Librarian Some Love
- Turning Ph.D.'s into Librarians
- Endlesse Searche
- Putting Your Ph.D. to Work in the Library