After hearing high praise from the performer Henry Rollins, librarians delved into discussions of the library's changing role in the academic enterprise.
Making a viral video about race at the University of California at Los Angeles helped one student find a voice.
Academics should welcome the new work into our intensified dialogue on race.
Instead of a multiple-choice final, try ending the semester with one last, memorable learning experience.
More on Libraries
Edward L. Widmer has stepped down as director of a library at Brown University to advise both Brown's president and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The shift to digital has effects on staffing as well, as new numbers from the Association of Research Libraries show.
- At Libraries, Quiet Makes a Comeback
- In Praise of Reference-Book Authors
- HathiTrust Lawsuit Highlights Authors' Fears
- On Mistakenly Shredding a Prized Collection
- Fair Use and Copyright: The Law Is the Law
The Academic Librarian
Just because your students are computer-literate doesn't mean they are research-literate.
Recent job postings and hires suggest that many academic libraries are losing interest in hiring humanities Ph.D.'s
- Academic Librarians and Rank
- The Four Habits of Highly Effective Librarians
- Show Your Librarian Some Love
- Turning Ph.D.'s into Librarians
- Endlesse Searche
- Putting Your Ph.D. to Work in the Library