For-Profit Higher Education
When it imposed financial restrictions in June, the department didn't expect that would lead to the company's agreement to sell or close its campuses.
In educating students, colleges today walk a fine line between empowerment and entitlement.
A physician and his interdisciplinary team investigate a surge of premature births in Puerto Rico.
Ignored in the recent MLA report was a series of experiments that "demonstrate the emerging new character" of doctoral training.
More on Finance
As price-conscious students increasingly choose less-expensive colleges, discounting is losing its power to keep enrollments healthy, a survey suggests.
- SUNY Conference Explores the Value and Limits of Higher-Education Systems
- Poor Endowment Results in 2012 Are Blamed on European Debt Crisis
- After Outcry Over Raises, Cal State Revisits Policy on Presidents' Pay
- Scholarly Groups' Choices Yield Diverging Fortunes
- Median Salaries of Midlevel College Administrators, 2011-12