Cutting tuition has both champions and critics. But both groups agree that a price cut is nowhere near that simple, and is not for every college.
The Common Application is redefining its mission. CollegeNet Inc. is planning for a new shared application that selective colleges will use.
What's brought about students' anxious need for intellectual and emotional coddling?
If it’s broken, and it probably is, then adapt.
More on Finance
As price-conscious students increasingly choose less-expensive colleges, discounting is losing its power to keep enrollments healthy, a survey suggests.
- SUNY Conference Explores the Value and Limits of Higher-Education Systems
- Poor Endowment Results in 2012 Are Blamed on European Debt Crisis
- After Outcry Over Raises, Cal State Revisits Policy on Presidents' Pay
- Scholarly Groups' Choices Yield Diverging Fortunes
- Median Salaries of Midlevel College Administrators, 2011-12