A professor at the University of the District of Columbia took a scientific interest in teaching and, in his work with one student in particular, found humanity in the...
The federal government should treat master’s-degree programs—lucrative, heavily marketed, largely unaccountable—as what they obviously are, and regulate...
Don’t punish job candidates who have earned their Ph.D.’s quickly without amassing publications.
More on Finance
As price-conscious students increasingly choose less-expensive colleges, discounting is losing its power to keep enrollments healthy, a survey suggests.
- SUNY Conference Explores the Value and Limits of Higher-Education Systems
- Poor Endowment Results in 2012 Are Blamed on European Debt Crisis
- After Outcry Over Raises, Cal State Revisits Policy on Presidents' Pay
- Scholarly Groups' Choices Yield Diverging Fortunes
- Median Salaries of Midlevel College Administrators, 2011-12