He has asked top officials to commit to leadership principles that, among other things, set standards of tidiness and punctuality.
We must resist the constant winds of compromise that soothe but distract us from our soundest judgments.
To tell 17-year-olds that they might have a chance to do something interesting—in four years—isn’t very persuasive.
More on Academic Freedom
Increasing reports of anti-Semitic words and deeds raise issues of academic freedom, and the groups disagree over when and how to complain.
The financial ties between pharmaceutical companies and agricultural schools have grown deep. And even at public colleges, they're often kept secret.
- Legal Dispute Pits Washington State U.'s Journalism School Against Free-Speech Groups
- A Professor From the Big City Scrutinizes His Iowa Home
- 5 Minutes With the Leader of a Catholic-College Group That Opposes a U.S. Ruling on Contraceptives
- Copyright Goes Philosophical
- Atheists and Christians at Salisbury U. Chalk Up Points in Debate Over Scripture
- Petition Calls on Baylor U.'s President to Stop 'Persecution' of Jewish-Studies Professor