Resolutions on the issue often focus on symbolism more than specifics, as a recent flap over the American Studies Association's boycott demonstrates.
A new report reveals broad involvement by a variety of actors.
The arguments for the latest boycott of Israel are impossible to disentangle from its many predecessors.
I knew I risked ruining my candidacy by bringing my infant daughter to the interview. Here’s why I did it anyway.
More on Academic Freedom
Increasing reports of anti-Semitic words and deeds raise issues of academic freedom, and the groups disagree over when and how to complain.
The financial ties between pharmaceutical companies and agricultural schools have grown deep. And even at public colleges, they're often kept secret.
- Legal Dispute Pits Washington State U.'s Journalism School Against Free-Speech Groups
- A Professor From the Big City Scrutinizes His Iowa Home
- 5 Minutes With the Leader of a Catholic-College Group That Opposes a U.S. Ruling on Contraceptives
- Copyright Goes Philosophical
- Atheists and Christians at Salisbury U. Chalk Up Points in Debate Over Scripture
- Petition Calls on Baylor U.'s President to Stop 'Persecution' of Jewish-Studies Professor