A petition demands censure of a University of Rochester scholar who mused on a blog: Should rape be illegal if the victim is unconscious and no harm results?
The story of a Wisconsin professor highlights the speed at which an academic’s words can spread across the Internet.
Tweens hurry into adolescence while adolescents shun adulthood. What’s going on?
What academic job searches have in common with presidential debates.
More on Academic Freedom
Increasing reports of anti-Semitic words and deeds raise issues of academic freedom, and the groups disagree over when and how to complain.
The financial ties between pharmaceutical companies and agricultural schools have grown deep. And even at public colleges, they're often kept secret.
- Legal Dispute Pits Washington State U.'s Journalism School Against Free-Speech Groups
- A Professor From the Big City Scrutinizes His Iowa Home
- 5 Minutes With the Leader of a Catholic-College Group That Opposes a U.S. Ruling on Contraceptives
- Copyright Goes Philosophical
- Atheists and Christians at Salisbury U. Chalk Up Points in Debate Over Scripture
- Petition Calls on Baylor U.'s President to Stop 'Persecution' of Jewish-Studies Professor