Alice Dreger, an author and professor of medical humanities, says a dean tried to censor portions of an essay in a journal she guest-edited.
Colleges are overwhelmed by demand for mental-health care, but they face conflicts in choosing how to respond.
Don’t wait for a tenure-track career that may never happen.
How academe can open up debate about the future of doctoral education to graduate students.
More on Academic Freedom
Increasing reports of anti-Semitic words and deeds raise issues of academic freedom, and the groups disagree over when and how to complain.
The financial ties between pharmaceutical companies and agricultural schools have grown deep. And even at public colleges, they're often kept secret.
- Legal Dispute Pits Washington State U.'s Journalism School Against Free-Speech Groups
- A Professor From the Big City Scrutinizes His Iowa Home
- 5 Minutes With the Leader of a Catholic-College Group That Opposes a U.S. Ruling on Contraceptives
- Copyright Goes Philosophical
- Atheists and Christians at Salisbury U. Chalk Up Points in Debate Over Scripture
- Petition Calls on Baylor U.'s President to Stop 'Persecution' of Jewish-Studies Professor