To protest the withdrawal of a job offer to the controversial professor, at least two speakers have canceled engagements.
Bard College has become an unlikely champion of liberal education in countries known for their volatility and political upheaval.
This tale is told through a year’s worth of recommendation letters.
In graduate school, she had no money but loads of unrestricted time. Now she’s got a bit more money but a lot less time.
More on Academic Freedom
Increasing reports of anti-Semitic words and deeds raise issues of academic freedom, and the groups disagree over when and how to complain.
The financial ties between pharmaceutical companies and agricultural schools have grown deep. And even at public colleges, they're often kept secret.
- Legal Dispute Pits Washington State U.'s Journalism School Against Free-Speech Groups
- A Professor From the Big City Scrutinizes His Iowa Home
- 5 Minutes With the Leader of a Catholic-College Group That Opposes a U.S. Ruling on Contraceptives
- Copyright Goes Philosophical
- Atheists and Christians at Salisbury U. Chalk Up Points in Debate Over Scripture
- Petition Calls on Baylor U.'s President to Stop 'Persecution' of Jewish-Studies Professor