On HiringView more >>
In the Forums
Strange Moments During Finals Week
Professors share shocking, interesting, and weird stories.
Teaching Sensitive Subjects
A professor worries that some of the reading may hit a little too close to home for a couple of students.
Preparing for a Job Loss
My academic unit is about to be restructured, and it's likely that many of us will lose our positions. What can I do to prepare?
Job-Market Check-In Thread
Talk about how your search is progressing.
Patrick Haden, of the University of Southern California, performed in a musical to model the value of experiencing college more broadly.
- To the End, Donald Kagan Argues for the Primacy of the West
- New Education Dean Takes Social Justice Into the Classroom
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
Learn who got the jobs, who were the finalists, and who else was in the pool.
- The Long Odds of the Tenure-Track Job Search
- Adjuncts May Be Shut Out of Obama's Speech at Morehouse
AAUP Salary Survey, 2012-13
The CV Doctor
Our experts offer advice on preparing strong academic CV's and résumés for nonacademic jobs.
What teaching colleges and research universities have to gain from collaboration.
Ten techniques that backfire on administrative job candidates.
- Teaching While Gay
- The Case of the Vampire Student
- The Déjà Vu of Today's Application Files
- The Best Problem: Dealing With More Than One Job Offer
- Teaching on the Tenure Track
- Life After Academe: My Blazer Is a Cardigan
- What We Don't Talk About on the Admissions Tour
- Moving Into New Quarters
- I'd Like to Thank the Academy
- Self-Sabotage in the Academic Career
- From CV to 1-Page Résumé
- What's the Secret to Getting Grants?
- My Calamitous Teaching Demo
- Fear of Feminism
- Not Too Close
- Students Without Borders
- The Politics of Academic Space
- The Other Job Search
Information provided by participating institution
St. George’s University is a dynamic center of higher education with a global network of academic, medical, and scientific collaborators in education, medicine, research, and science. Over 6,000...