Why can’t people, including faculty members, follow directions?
On HiringView more >>
The Party Line
The profession of government relations teeters on the brink, just like so much else at our institutions.
- The Horror, the Horror of Midterm Elections
- The 10.1 Things a Government-Relations Officer Must Achieve
- A Tale of Two Lobbying Firms
- Can You Get Us President Obama, Please?
A President's Fifth Year
Faculty-Salary Increases at Public Colleges Trail Those at Private Ones
Salaries for faculty members across all disciplines rose by 1.9 percent this year, nearly matching the 2-percent rise in senior administrators' pay.
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
An analysis shows that in four out of five states average net prices for colleges rose at a far faster pace over the past five years than did median household incomes.
Latest Run-Your-Campus Columns
The declining numbers of applications should make us all think about what we might need to change.
How can we counter the "dismal and disruptive" pattern of fund raisers changing jobs after two to three years?
- The Rolling Stones and Graduate-School Management
- It's Not What You Say; It's What Google Says
- Top 10 Mistakes in Recruiting Administrators
Recent Advice Columns
So students "never read the syllabus"? Here are ways to ensure they do.
All of the details seemed to be in order, with one big exception.
Four ways to speed things along.