On HiringView more >>
The Party Line
The profession of government relations teeters on the brink, just like so much else at our institutions.
- The Horror, the Horror of Midterm Elections
- The 10.1 Things a Government-Relations Officer Must Achieve
- A Tale of Two Lobbying Firms
- Can You Get Us President Obama, Please?
A President's Fifth Year
Faculty-Salary Increases at Public Colleges Trail Those at Private Ones
Salaries for faculty members across all disciplines rose by 1.9 percent this year, nearly matching the 2-percent rise in senior administrators' pay.
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The Indiana University system saw a drop in borrowing after sending students letters estimating what their total debt and monthly payments would be. Now, a new state law will...
Latest Run-Your-Campus Columns
The declining numbers of applications should make us all think about what we might need to change.
How can we counter the "dismal and disruptive" pattern of fund raisers changing jobs after two to three years?
- The Rolling Stones and Graduate-School Management
- It's Not What You Say; It's What Google Says
- Top 10 Mistakes in Recruiting Administrators
Recent Advice Columns
The semester was over, but the adjunct instructor wasn’t done working, just done being paid.
Graduate students should remember that the dissertation is the beginning of their research, not the endpoint.
A historian sets a personal moratorium on taking on any new doctoral students.