A new program head frets about his exclusion from a department meeting.
On HiringView more >>
The Party Line
The profession of government relations teeters on the brink, just like so much else at our institutions.
- The Horror, the Horror of Midterm Elections
- The 10.1 Things a Government-Relations Officer Must Achieve
- A Tale of Two Lobbying Firms
- Can You Get Us President Obama, Please?
A President's Fifth Year
Faculty-Salary Increases at Public Colleges Trail Those at Private Ones
Salaries for faculty members across all disciplines rose by 1.9 percent this year, nearly matching the 2-percent rise in senior administrators' pay.
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
"People already know what they want to do," said one official at the Conservative Political Action Conference. "We’re going to teach you how to make it happen."
Latest Run-Your-Campus Columns
The declining numbers of applications should make us all think about what we might need to change.
How can we counter the "dismal and disruptive" pattern of fund raisers changing jobs after two to three years?
- The Rolling Stones and Graduate-School Management
- It's Not What You Say; It's What Google Says
- Top 10 Mistakes in Recruiting Administrators
Recent Advice Columns
They’ll tell you about tenure and hiring. Here’s what they won’t tell you.
Your syllabus is more than a contract with your students.
If you can’t support adjuncts out of fairness, then support us out of pure self-interest.