Liberal-arts colleges need to embrace partnerships with other entities in a big way.
On HiringView more >>
The Party Line
The profession of government relations teeters on the brink, just like so much else at our institutions.
- The Horror, the Horror of Midterm Elections
- The 10.1 Things a Government-Relations Officer Must Achieve
- A Tale of Two Lobbying Firms
- Can You Get Us President Obama, Please?
A President's Fifth Year
Faculty-Salary Increases at Public Colleges Trail Those at Private Ones
Salaries for faculty members across all disciplines rose by 1.9 percent this year, nearly matching the 2-percent rise in senior administrators' pay.
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
Frustrated with glitches in the popular admissions platform, a group of public and private institutions pursues a rival system as a backup.
Latest Run-Your-Campus Columns
The declining numbers of applications should make us all think about what we might need to change.
How can we counter the "dismal and disruptive" pattern of fund raisers changing jobs after two to three years?
- The Rolling Stones and Graduate-School Management
- It's Not What You Say; It's What Google Says
- Top 10 Mistakes in Recruiting Administrators
Recent Advice Columns
Don’t let "them" make you feel like a failure.
Do good, be good, and let others know you are good.
I knew I risked ruining my candidacy by bringing my infant daughter to the interview. Here’s why I did it anyway.
Why more search committees are choosing confidentiality over the traditional public search.
- Inside a Presidential Search
- Recognizing and Rewarding Presidential Spouses
- The Lonely Decision
- A Tale of 2 Deans
- Off-List References
- Preparing for Your 'Without Cause' Termination