Stephen Robertson, a historian at the University of Sydney, will become director of the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media.
- After One Door Slams Shut, Another Presidency Beckons
- My Spouse, My Rival, My Fellow Winner
- Open-Learning Expert to Leave Carnegie Mellon for Stanford
5 Minutes With
James Alan Fox, a professor at Northeastern University, advised the driver kidnapped by the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
- UMass Graduate Student Talks About Economists' Mistake That Made Austerity a Policy
- Student Filmmaker Turns 'Blame the (Rape) Victim' Ethos Into a Positive Video
- A Rice U. Student Battles the Teaching of Creationism
Transitions: Noted Librarian at U. of Michigan Moves to U. of Illinois; Robert W. Fogel, Economic Historian, Dies at 86
John P. Wilkin will become dean of libraries and university librarian at the University of Illinois on August 16. Read about that and other job-related news.
- Transitions: California State Names 5 New Presidents; Harvard Hires Library Leader From Oxford
Francis L. Lawrence led Rutgers from 1990 to 2002, and Gerald W. Lynch was president of a criminal-justice college from 1977 to 2004.
- U. of Illinois Historian Dies at 91; Longtime Education Dean Dies at 80
- Chinua Achebe, Author and Professor of Africana Studies at Brown U., Died at 82
- President Emeritus of Mississippi State U. Dies at 77; Dostoyevsky Scholar Dies at 94
- Stanley Karnow, Journalist and Historian of Vietnam, Dies at 87