Roderick H. Dashwood has moved from Oregon State University to build a Center for Epigenetics & Disease Prevention in Houston.
- Philosopher Kwame Anthony Appiah to Leave Princeton for NYU
- American Leads Chinese Business School's Westward Expansion
- Co-Author of 'Academically Adrift,' Richard Arum, Joins Gates Foundation
5 Minutes With
Gregg Hecimovich, at Winthrop University, says he has identified the escaped slave who wrote "The Bondwoman's Narrative."
- Carjacked by Suspected Bombers in Boston? This Criminologist Can Help
- UMass Graduate Student Talks About Economists' Mistake That Made Austerity a Policy
- Student Filmmaker Turns 'Blame the (Rape) Victim' Ethos Into a Positive Video
Transitions: U. of North Texas About to Choose President; Stanford Recruits Stem-Cell Expert From U. of Tokyo
Neal Smatresk, president of the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, is the sole finalist at North Texas. Read about that and other job news.
- Transitions: U. of Idaho Appoints New President; Kennedy Center President Moves to U. of Maryland
Doris Lessing won her prize in literature, and Frederick Sanger won two prizes in chemistry. Read about that and other deaths in academe.
- Congressional Advocate of HBCUs Dies at 77; Former Davidson College President Dies at 94
- Albert Bartlett, Physics Professor Who Warned of Impact of Population Growth, Dies at 90; Other Deaths
- Seamus Heaney, Irish Poet Whose Generous Spirit Touched U.S. Colleges, Dies at 74
- In Memoriam: Digital-Innovation Lab Founder Dies at 88; Recent Buffalo State College President Dies at 67