Thomas R. Kepple Jr. will preside over the American Academic Leadership Institute, one of a handful of organizations that prepare aspiring presidents.
- A Vice President's Rebranding Effort Propels a University Into the Big Leagues
- It's No Act: This Athletic Director Wants Athletes to Take On New Roles
- To the End, Donald Kagan Argues for the Primacy of the West
5 Minutes With
James Alan Fox, a professor at Northeastern University, advised the driver kidnapped by the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
- UMass Graduate Student Talks About Economists' Mistake That Made Austerity a Policy
- Student Filmmaker Turns 'Blame the (Rape) Victim' Ethos Into a Positive Video
- A Rice U. Student Battles the Teaching of Creationism
Garrey Carruthers, now a vice president at the university, will become its leader. Read about that and other job-related news.
- Transitions: NATO Commander to Lead Tufts's Fletcher School; New Vice Chancellor at California Community Colleges
Francis L. Lawrence led Rutgers from 1990 to 2002, and Gerald W. Lynch was president of a criminal-justice college from 1977 to 2004.
- U. of Illinois Historian Dies at 91; Longtime Education Dean Dies at 80
- Chinua Achebe, Author and Professor of Africana Studies at Brown U., Died at 82
- President Emeritus of Mississippi State U. Dies at 77; Dostoyevsky Scholar Dies at 94
- Stanley Karnow, Journalist and Historian of Vietnam, Dies at 87