At universities, the criterion for making any religious accommodation must be an affirmative answer to the question: "Are we educating?"
Asking Muslim students to answer for Muslim extremists is not just a violation of their dignity but a barrier to their contributions to the world.
- Losing an Office, Gaining Perspective
- Time for a Presidential Panel to Investigate College Sports
- But What if the Shared Vision Is Myopic?
- Toward a Shared Vision of Shared Governance
- Academics First, Then Athletics
LettersView more >>
New Scholarly Books
Descriptions of the latest books, divided by category.
The Chronicle Review
The ConversationView more >>
The Art of The Review
Check out cover art for The Review, as well as our favorite illustrations, photos, audio, and video.