Despite some predictions, higher education's business model isn't about to collapse. But failure is not unprecedented, and preventive steps can be taken now.
College administrators should be reasonable in responding to campus protests. They should ask for the same attitude from protesters.
- The Kludging of Higher Education
- Welcome to the 20-Year Dissertation
- Faculty Diversity: Still a Lot to Learn
- For Interns, Experience Isn't Always the Best Teacher
- Distance Learning, Distant Courtrooms
LettersView more >>
New Scholarly Books
Descriptions of the latest books, divided by category
The Chronicle Review
Dale Carnegie’s life was complicated and his advice hard-won.
For the poor, being on the outside is often more cruel and unusual than being behind bars.
- The Truth-Telling Power of Fiction
- Fear and Loathing in Wyoming
- The Great Stratification
The ConversationView more >>
The Art of The Review
Check out cover art for The Review, as well as our favorite illustrations, photos, audio, and video.