In the latest in a series of skirmishes over the association’s direction, the incumbents prevailed in all four races for its top offices.
Academic freedom and faculty self-governance were among the casualties when the Boulder campus responded to allegations of sexual harassment in the department, a new report...
The question arises amid reports that the white supremacist accused of killing three people in Kansas on Sunday spoke to a class at Missouri State University two years ago.
Institutions should better prepare graduate students to teach and pay more attention to learning outcomes, speakers at a conference said.
Labor organizers for adjuncts turn to citywide campaigns as their best hope.
- 4 Decades After Its Founding, Men’s Studies Struggles to Define Itself
- Union Efforts on Behalf of Adjuncts Meet Resistance Within Faculties’ Ranks
- Community Colleges Can Foster Student Success by Supporting Their Adjuncts
- U. of Massachusetts Mounts Assault on Workplace Bullying
- Stuck in the Middle on Faculty Pay
Changes would soften punitive underwriting standards put into place three years ago to deal with delinquent debts.
The president and vice president announced $100-million in support for the programs, which attract few women because they focus on male-dominated fields.
Community colleges will be able to compete for the grant money, to help prepare workers for in-demand positions.
Scholars at a Lumina Foundation summit discussed ideas for making college more affordable and raising completion rates.
- NCAA Looks to Redefine Its Policy on Academic Fraud
- Pitzer College to Take Fossil-Fuel Divestment a Few Steps Further
- Sen. Warren Proposes Allowing Student-Loan Borrowers to Refinance Debt
- Colleges See Big Savings in Centralized Buying
- Sticking With a High-Tuition, High-Aid Model, College of Wooster Makes the Case to Its Board
As police departments and other security functions depend more and more on digital technologies, bringing them together just made sense, officials say.
Richard C. Levin brings international business savvy and academic bona fides to the MOOC company.
Few institutions budget in advance for such lapses in security, and the costs can be considerable.
User-friendly technology means more alerts for police officers and improved security for colleges.
In doing so, they’re treading on territory previously held by platform providers like Blackboard.
- Library Consortium Tests Interlibrary Loans of e-Books
- Data, Not Dollars: Twitter Announces a Grant Program
- As Data Proliferate, So Do Data-Related Graduate Programs
- Doubts About MOOCs Continue to Rise
- Campus Psychological Counseling for Students Goes Online