The Council of Graduate Schools' meeting came at a time of increasing pressure on programs to prove their worth. Talk often turned to life after the Ph.D.
- Leadership Award Honors 4 Presidents' Commitment to Access
- Adjuncts Test Faith of Religious Colleges
- Former Graduate Student's Gender-Discrimination Case Is Dismissed
- Deeper Debt Hits Many Doctorate Recipients, Annual Survey Shows
- Central Michigan U. Academic Senate to Remain Off-Limits to Adjuncts
The compromise proposal, if passed, would all but ensure that cuts in education and other domestic programs won't be as deep as had been feared.
- Twitter's Value as Measure of Scientific Impact Encounters New Doubt
- Shared-Services Plans Rile Faculty Members at 2 Flagships
- NIH Considers Shift of Focus in How It Awards Grants
- For-Profit College in Denver to Pay $3.3-Million Over Deceptive Program
- Ahead of Summit, White House Asks Colleges to Commit to Needy Students
The Digital Public Library of America serves as the central link in an expanding network of institutions that want their holdings spread far and wide.
- The 'Blue Book' of the Future
- A Truce Over Technology
- Angered by MOOC Deals, San Jose State Faculty Senate Considers Rebuff
- In Wake of Traumas, Digital Archives Gather Crowds
- Judge Hands Google a Big Victory in Lengthy Book-Scanning Case