Spotlight on Sexual Assault
Jon Krakauer’s new book largely avoids criticizing the university. But did federal intervention make the campus safer?
Jon Krakauer says he was discouraged by what he learned about how colleges handle assault investigations.
2015's Tech Innovators
For her, the work of providing open-access learning materials is more than a business; it’s a social-justice cause.
- Maria Klawe Won’t Let Computer Science Remain a Boys’ Club
- Read More From the Digital Campus: Tech Innovators 2015
Entrepreneurship on Campus
Vitae: Career News and Tools
Ask anyone who has been an adjunct or a lecturer, and she will probably attest to unequal treatment and disdain.
- 'Dear Forums ...': How Do I Make Ends Meet on a Grad-Student Stipend?
In the News
The university’s leaders acknowledge that federal rules prohibit the use of financial aid in the deal with edX. They also distance it from previous MOOCs.
Recipients of the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation's scholarships told an audience of college leaders about how the neediest students experience their campuses.
- How Colleges Can Make Student Debt Feel ‘More Real’ to Borrowers Before They Graduate
- A Rare Look at What Makes Student Trustees Effective
- Ex-Lawmaker Embraces Chance to Improve Social Relations at the U. of Oklahoma
- Peer Review Works, Says New Research on Citations and Patents
- 8 Courses a Year for Every Professor? N.C. Lawmakers Ponder the Possibility
- To Be a Featured Speaker at a Scholarly Meeting, It Helps to Be Male
- Iowa Legislator Wants to Give Students the Chance to Fire Underwhelming Faculty
- Arizona State and edX Will Offer an Online Freshman Year, Open to All