Debating 'Excellent Sheep'
William Deresiewicz, author of ‘Excellent Sheep,’ and Harry Lewis of Harvard volley questions of class privilege and how colleges perpetuate it.
Colleges, by the Numbers
Find the answers to your questions about the state of higher education in The Chronicle’s annual collection of data.
- Explore the Data: Average Salaries of Full-Time Faculty Members
- Fastest-Growing Colleges
- Spending by University Research Libraries
Meet Team Spanier
As Graham Spanier fights to clear his name, an eclectic group of defenders has coalesced around the former Penn State chief.
In the News
The professor's large body of work contains some striking—and odd—examples of misattribution. Here's a short guide to a few of them.
The fictional student and counselor—"Libby" and "Art," get it?—were dreamed up by the Council of Independent Colleges.
- White House Tries a New Tactic on Student Debt: Email Alerts
- What's in a Title? Adjuncts by Another Name May Face the Same Realities
- When Students Transfer, Credits May Not Follow
- That's Not #Funny: Higher Ed's Least Clever Twitter Accounts
- How Close Is Too Close? Industry Courts Computer Scholars
- 'Wait, Your Footnotes Are in Cyberspace?'
- East Carolina U. Blocks Hiring of Philosophy Professor Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Obamacare Revives an Old Question: Are Student Workers Employees?