The 2013 Influence List
These individuals made their mark through the courts, through the power of an idea, through the act of writing an open letter, even in death.
Curiosity is curious, sometimes spurring us toward knowledge, sometimes stupefying us with the ostensibly unknowable.
Relationships Gone Bad
The judge in the closely watched case agreed with the university's argument that the student had not shown evidence of discrimination and retaliation.
In the News
A University of Texas official contrasts his institution's fledgling proposal with the one that has caused controversy at the University of Michigan.
Emerald, a paperless-exam company begun by three Penn students and funded by a student investment group, is in beta testing.
- Twitter's Value as Measure of Scientific Impact Encounters New Doubt
- For-Profit Colleges' Winter Meeting Focuses on Employment
- Deans Consider New Demands on Graduate Education, in School and After
- Researchers Push MOOC Conversation Beyond 'Tsunami' Metaphors
- Leadership Award Honors 4 Presidents' Commitment to Access
- Purdue's Provost, a Possible Penn State Candidate, Will Head Virginia Tech