For years, the university filled its seats by drawing more and more applicants. But with yield rates plummeting, it abandoned the model as unsustainable.
Race on Campus
Making a viral video about race at the University of California at Los Angeles helped one student find a voice.
Great Colleges to Work For
In our eighth annual survey, 86 colleges were recognized. Explore the sortable results to see if yours made the list.
Enrollment competition, increased oversight, growing use of assessments, and tighter budgets weigh heavily on higher-education managers.
- Read More From a Special Report on the Academic Workplace
Many top researchers have been lured to institutions in Texas. What are the implications of an arms race for talent?
- Grant Dispute Throws an Unwritten Rule of Academic Poaching Out the Window
In the News
Experts in developmental education want to dispel assertions that they think could hurt students. Here’s a guide to what they say are five such myths.
Seton Hall University’s A. Gabriel Esteban talks about how he furthers new strategies while seeking to shift the institution's direction.
- Campus Police Patrolling Off the Campus? Sure, but the Rules Vary
- How the U. of Puerto Rico Plans to Ride Out a Fiscal Storm
- What I’m Reading: 'Black Faculty in the Academy'
- A Liberal-Arts College Intervenes to Diversify Its Faculty
- TV’s Next Big Star: a Female MacGyver
- That Time Donald Trump Started a 'University' (and an Amazing Blog)
- Video: 'Day for Trans Justice' Prepares Student Leaders to Push for Change
- Researchers Open Repository for 'Dark Data'