A theater professor fired by Pomona College accuses it of denying her access to students’ reviews of her teaching to hide its own discrimination.
The average scientist is 42 before he or she scores a first NIH grant. That creates a gap, and three philanthropic groups are trying to fill it.
Even researchers who disagree on whether today’s results are overstated agree on the promise of tomorrow’s.
An unusual meeting at Berkeley offers job advice and consultation to those looking for work beyond the campus.
The university’s president sits on the board of a prominent oil company, a worrisome fact when scientists fault injection wells for a steep rise in earthquakes.
- An AAUP Target Disputed an Investigation’s Findings. So It Tried a Pre-emptive Attack.
- Amid a Sea of False Findings, the NIH Tries Reform
- Despite Progress, Only 1 in 4 College Presidents Are Women
- Illinois Bill Threatens Professors’ Cherished Perk: Tuition Breaks for Their Children
- Keeping Adjuncts Engaged Is Key to Helping Community-College Students Stay on Track