The department chose Colin McGinn for his scholarship, but a prominent woman in the discipline says the university did the right thing.
Forcing them to work through impasses can promote deeper levels of comprehension, researchers find.
The only thing that deters terrorists is if "they know that their sister or their mother will be raped," Mordechai Kedar of Bar-Ilan University said last month.
The announcement marks a new, pragmatic phase in the debate over how widely published research should be shared, and how quickly.
In a culture of accountability, some professors call on technology to collect information about student participation in the classroom.
- What's in a Title? Adjuncts by Another Name May Face the Same Realities
- Denial of Job to Harsh Critic of Israel Divides Advocates of Academic Freedom
- An AAUP Target Turns the Tables
- Colleges Must Embrace Workplace Flexibility in Practice, Not Just on Paper, Leaders Say
- Adjuncts Welcome Congress's New Interest in Their Working Conditions