The report, prepared for members of Congress, affirms the disciplines' importance to society and defends their role as a part of a balanced education.
The effort to rank programs, by the National Council on Teacher Quality and "U.S. News & World Report," has been controversial since it started, in 2011.
The library will consolidate several rooms and offer "one-stop shopping" to researchers. It says the plan is part of efforts to keep up with how its vast collections are used...
Professors, connected yet isolated by the Internet and other factors, are seeking to revive collegiality via the faculty club.
Southern University at Baton Rouge and National Louis University drew rebukes at the association's business meeting over the weekend.
- AAUP Sees MOOCs as Spawning New Threats to Professors' Intellectual Property
- Smooth Lectures Foster Only the Illusion of Learning, Study Finds
- New Test to Measure Faculty Collegiality Produces Some Dissension Itself
- Harvard Mounts Campaign to Bolster Undergraduate Humanities
- California Union Seeks Federal Intervention in Battle With Accreditor
Faculty Salary Data
Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2012-13, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
Tight finances have led to another year in which average pay barely increased, eroding professors' buying power and exacerbating inequities facing seasoned faculty members.