Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Sam Kamin, a professor of marijuana law at the University of Denver, finds his expertise much in demand.
- U. of Miami to Get Its First Hispanic Leader, and Other News About People
- Adelphi U. President Retires After Turning Around a Grim Situation, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The project tried to replicate the results of 100 psychology studies. Only 39 percent withstood scrutiny.
- At U. of Missouri, Grad Students Rally for Better Conditions, and Faculty Come to Their Aid
Can effective teachers learn from the unconditional love of effective parents?
How not to treat a senior eminence whose manuscript you’ve solicited.
- 10 Things This Instructor Loves
- Inertia vs. Freedom in Faculty Life
- Scholars Talk Writing: Sam Wineburg
- The Completion Agenda, Part 4: Finishing and the Job Hunt
- Of Cannibals and Conferences
- Late Again?
- The Sad Story of the P.M.A.
- Information Technology: The Accidental Career for Ph.D.s
- The Art of the Rejection Letter
- Final Exams or Epic Finales
- Have I Become an Educated Rita?
- The Better Angels of Our Writing
- Building a Better Discussion
- Knowing When to Say When
- Next Time With Dignity
- Speaking for the 'Quitters' and 'Failures'
- The Myth That Academic Science Isn't Biased Against Women
- Losing Faith in Religious Higher Education
James Cook University (JCU) is Australia’s leading university for the tropics and is ranked in the top 4% of the world’s tertiary institutions for academic studies and research *. The multi-campus university spans two countries, with the...