Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Former Director of Congressional Budget Office to Lead Harvard's Kennedy School, and Other News About People
Douglas W. Elmendorf, an economist with past ties to Harvard, impressed professors at the school with his reputation for integrity.
- From Managing a Private-Equity Fund to Leading a Catholic University, and Other News About People
- Harvard’s University Librarian to Retire, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
A parody Twitter account born out of frustration brought unexpected rewards — connecting with a previously unknown community and expanding research opportunities.
- Louisiana State’s Firing of Salty Professor Renews Worries About Faculty Rights
How academe and outsiders collaborated to shape the "professional science master."
Applying the lessons of team teaching to collaborative writing.
- Where Should You Keep Your Data?
- Conquering Mountains of Essays
- Smart Praise for Students
- L'Affaire LaCour
- Scholars Talk Writing: Anthony Grafton
- You Might Not Be Ready for Promotion
- How to Advocate for the Liberal Arts: the State-University Edition
- Ms. Mentor's Annual Guide to Academic Novels
- The Completion Agenda, Part 2: The Best Defense
- Colleagues as Guinea Pigs
- The Degree for Quitters and Failures
- Learning the Ways of the Force
- Envious? Who, Me?
- Career Advice From an Oldish Not-Quite Geezer
- Tech Woes at Small Colleges
- Skip the Department Meeting
- Retention in the Trenches
- How to Talk to a Writer
With high-quality academics, a faculty unsurpassed in their expertise and commitment to their students’ success, and a unique urban experience rich with diversity, degree choices and community impact, MSU Denver is Colorado’s best value in...