Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Julio Frenk, dean of faculty at Harvard’s school of public health and a former minister of health in Mexico, will take the helm of the research institution.
- Adelphi U. President Retires After Turning Around a Grim Situation, and Other News About People
- Former Director of Congressional Budget Office to Lead Harvard's Kennedy School, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
Federal agencies are putting new rules into effect this fall, with hundreds of millions of dollars at stake.
- Why Cornell Tech Wants to Import Israeli-Style Entrepreneurship
This is why departments should seek kinder ways to bid job candidates farewell.
Instead of a multiple-choice final, try ending the semester with one last, memorable learning experience.
- Have I Become an Educated Rita?
- The Better Angels of Our Writing
- Building a Better Discussion
- Knowing When to Say When
- Next Time With Dignity
- Speaking for the 'Quitters' and 'Failures'
- The Myth That Academic Science Isn't Biased Against Women
- Losing Faith in Religious Higher Education
- The Completion Agenda, Part 3: Revising Your Dissertation
- Coping With Verbal Abuse
- A Degree of Uncommon Success
- When Two Heads Really Are Better Than One
- Where Should You Keep Your Data?
- Conquering Mountains of Essays
- Smart Praise for Students
- L'Affaire LaCour
- Scholars Talk Writing: Anthony Grafton
- You Might Not Be Ready for Promotion
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is marked by its commitment to transformative education, high-impact research and dedicated service. Since its inception in 1905, NUS has grown into a...