Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Juliet V. García, who has been president of the University of Texas at Brownsville for 22 years, will try to develop the next generation of leaders across borders.
- Historian to Lead Catholic Center for Holocaust Education at Seton Hill U.
- New Dean to Involve Students in Environmental Issues Near and Far
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
Campuses that are family-friendly in name only will be at a disadvantage in hiring, presidents said at a conference on issues of work-life balance.
- Adjuncts Welcome Congress's New Interest in Their Working Conditions
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
Campus policies to accommodate faculty members with "special needs" children have a hit-or-miss quality.
"You can probably make more money having a first-class yard sale."
- Changing the Ph.D.: a Tilt Toward Teaching
- Being Nehru for 2 Days
- Should Colleges Help Undocumented Students?
- Money, Mission Creep, and Other Nagging Problems
- A 21st-Century Attendance Policy
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 2
- Using Your Last Two (or More) Years Wisely
- Can 4 People Run the Whole Shebang?
- Finding Meaning After Academe
- A Foreigner Teaching in America
- Teaching Composition: A Love Story?
- 'But Does It Count?'
- What Writing and Running Have in Common
- The View From Both Sides of the Track
- Murky Environments in Academe
- Inside a Presidential Search
- Top 10 Books on Teaching
- The MLA Tells It Like It Is
Information provided by participating institution
New land. World-class research. Strong enrollment. Rising reputation. Forward-thinking and bold moves inspired by a timeless Marianist, Catholic mission. The pace of change at the University of Dayton in the past decade has been among the most...