Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Brinda Sarathy, who has studied Latino forestry workers, leads the Robert Redford Conservancy at Pitzer College.
- New Director Takes Over at Nixon Library; and Other News About People
- Even at 100, Professor Keeps Up Fight Against Trans Fats; and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
A group of universities in the Washington area are betting that the certifications will help convince employers that students are picking up essential skills.
- NIH Refuses to Release Its Count of Animals in Academic Labs
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
If you want people to listen to you, you have to stop reading to them.
A new program head frets about his exclusion from a department meeting.
- Advice for Next Year's Chair
- The 3 Essential Functions of Your Syllabus, Part 1
- A Letter to Full-Time Faculty Members
- Let's Give Service a Real Role
- Where the Money Is (Not) At
- From Grad School to 'The Atlantic'
- The 'Middle of the End' for Community Colleges?
- Time From Degree
- 'Good' Hard vs. 'Bad' Hard
- Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Writers
- Avoiding PTDS: Post-Tenure Depression Syndrome
- Why Didn't They Pick Me?
- 7 Hazards of the Campus Interview
- 13 Years an Archduke
- Writing a Preproposal: Leave Them Wanting More
- A Guide to Campus Interviews
- Waiting for Us to Notice Them
- Coming Out as Academic Mothers
A leading global university centred in Asia, the National University of Singapore (NUS) is marked by its commitment to transformative education, high-impact research and dedicated service. Since its inception in 1905, NUS has grown into a...