Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Gillian Lester, who leads Columbia Law School, wants students to see themselves as "global actors" and entrepreneurs.
- Career-Office Director Seeks Jobs for Every Last Polar Bear, and Other News About People
- Furniture Maker and President Develops Raw Ideas Into Results, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
New research finds big gaps in faculty compensation at public two-year colleges linked to state labor laws and institutions’ size, revenue sources, and location.
- Helping Minority Ph.D.'s in STEM: Something's Working
We really don’t need another vague list of URLs and book titles from your conference panel.
Our quest is not so much to figure out how to teach best as to figure out how students learn best.
- A Hockey Mom Seeks Tenure
- The Challenges of Writing 'I'
- Interviewing While LGBTQ
- Citations, Divorce, and Name Changes
- 'You Didn't Tell Us to Do That'
- The 3 Essential Functions of Your Syllabus, Part 2
- On Almost Teaching in China
- Shared Governance or Snared Governance?
- The Problem of Professionalization
- Speed Advising?
- Hiring the Dean's Kid
- The 4 Properties of Powerful Teachers
- Hedging Your Bets
- The Tenured Entrepreneur
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 5
- The Benefits of No-Tech Note Taking
- Presenting Without a Net
- Who Gets a Vote in Departmental Decisions?
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) was founded in 1911. It is both Hong Kong's first university and an internationally respected centre of intellectual learning and pioneering research discoveries.
HKU has close to a century of...