Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Harold Scheub engaged thousands of students at the University of Wisconsin at Madison with stories he had collected in African villages.
- A Provost's Advice as He Retires: Never Lose Touch With Teaching
- In Tenn., a New College of Sciences Attracts a Founding Dean
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
In the latest in a series of skirmishes over the association’s direction, the incumbents prevailed in all four races for its top offices.
- U. of Colorado Violated Faculty Rights in Philosophy Dept. Scandal, AAUP Says
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
A new Ph.D. adjusts to a faculty job and to a foreign classroom.
In an executive search, when is the right time to tell your employer you’re a candidate elsewhere?
- Did We All Read the Same Manuscript?
- ‘What’s Next for You?’
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 1
- The Faculty Treadmill
- The Dangers of Victimizing Ph.D.'s
- How to Tell Your Adviser
- Terminal Associate Professors, Past and Present
- The Lack of Public Intellectuals at Community Colleges
- One Size Doesn’t Fit All in Open Access
- New Rules!
- Faculty Members Are Not Cashiers
- More Than One Possible Future
- My Boss Is Ungrammatical
- Getting Beyond Brain Games
- 'Tension City' and the Campus Interview
- The Gift of Accountability
- A Tale of 2 Deans
- How to Level the Playing Field for Women in Science
Information provided by participating institution
The University of Florida is a major, public, land-grant and research university. The state’s oldest, largest and most comprehensive university, UF is among the nation’s most academically diverse public universities with 16 colleges on its...