Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
- U.N. Official Will Focus on Global Mission as Public-Policy Dean at U. of Maryland
- New Campus Leader Fosters Study Abroad in a Repurposed Palace in Britain
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The multilingual, multidisciplinary journal Jadaliyya covers the region "from an inside-out perspective."
- It's No Joke: Humor Rarely Welcome in Research Write-Ups
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
Aren’t Ph.D.’s supposed to have pastimes that are at least compatible with their identity as scholars?
Learn how to be the public face of your department.
- Getting Permission Just to Apply
- Faculty Life Abroad in Unusual Places
- Knowing When to Teach Current Events
- The Whistle-Blower's Dilemma
- They Say I'll Never Get a Job
- Welcome to Graduate School
- To Tenure or Not to Tenure?
- Love in the Time of Adjuncting
- Public, Private, or Hybrid?
- Now I'm a Needy Author
- Once in a Lifetime
- When Your Graduate Students Have Babies
- My First Faculty Summer
- Everything I Know I Learned in Prison
- Don't Speak Out: The Message of the Salaita Affair
- Too Many Poor Leaders
- Jumping Ship From a Dismal Department
- Degrees for Sale
Nottingham is the UK’s most dynamic international university, with campuses in China and Malaysia that give it a distinctly global flavour. Nottingham offers excellent teaching, outstanding research and an award-winning learning environment...