Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Robert Darnton, an advocate of sharing materials online, will continue on the board of the Digital Public Library of America.
- Medical College’s Next President to Focus on Health Care for the Underserved, and Other News About People
- New Director of Center for International Higher Education to Redirect Its Focus, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
As more institutions create repositories of their own researchers’ work, the publisher is telling them they must respect waiting periods before allowing free access to...
- U. of Kansas Takes Narrow View of Lecturer’s Privacy Rights in Records Dispute
Envy has always been an aspect of academic life.
You can’t count on your publications and awards to take care of you.
- Tech Woes at Small Colleges
- Skip the Department Meeting
- Retention in the Trenches
- How to Talk to a Writer
- A Medievalist on Savage Love
- The Commencement Minefield
- Culture Is No Excuse
- Underprepared for the Profession
- Cheating Inadvertently
- Stop Withholding Basic Information
- 'So What Are You Going to Do With That?'
- Graduate Students Cannot Live by Pimentos Alone
- Why I Love Academic Conferences
- Defending My Grades
- The Completion Agenda, Part 1
- What Graduate Advisers Can Do to Help
- Stop the Resource Bombing
- The 7 Fundamental Conditions of Learning
It only takes the spark of an idea to create a truly transforming institution, and so it was in the early 1800s that men of power and influence converged upon Liverpool with their energy and enthusiasm for creating educational opportunities for...