Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Harold Scheub engaged thousands of students at the University of Wisconsin at Madison with stories he had collected in African villages.
- A Provost's Advice as He Retires: Never Lose Touch With Teaching
- In Tenn., a New College of Sciences Attracts a Founding Dean
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The question arises amid reports that the white supremacist accused of killing three people in Kansas on Sunday spoke to a class at Missouri State University two years ago.
- Educators Point to a ‘Crisis of Mediocre Teaching’
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
How to stay with it after you’ve left it.
In an executive search, when is the right time to tell your employer you’re a candidate elsewhere?
- Did We All Read the Same Manuscript?
- ‘What’s Next for You?’
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 1
- The Faculty Treadmill
- The Dangers of Victimizing Ph.D.'s
- How to Tell Your Adviser
- Terminal Associate Professors, Past and Present
- The Lack of Public Intellectuals at Community Colleges
- One Size Doesn’t Fit All in Open Access
- New Rules!
- Faculty Members Are Not Cashiers
- More Than One Possible Future
- My Boss Is Ungrammatical
- Getting Beyond Brain Games
- 'Tension City' and the Campus Interview
- The Gift of Accountability
- A Tale of 2 Deans
- How to Level the Playing Field for Women in Science
Information provided by participating institution
New land. World-class research. Strong enrollment. Rising reputation. Forward-thinking and bold moves inspired by a timeless Marianist, Catholic mission. The pace of change at the University of Dayton in the past decade has been among the most...