On HiringView more >>
In the Forums
That One Student Who Gets Under Your Skin
How do you deal with a student who annoys you to no end?, a professor asks.
Lies We Tell Our Students
Professors have been known to tell a few white lies and whoppers, too.
Should or shouldn't you apply?
The Plan B Job-Market Check-In Thread
Talk about how your nonacademic search is progressing.
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
- The Ph.D.-Industry Gap
- What Informational Interviews Can Do for You
Michael Cunningham, an entrepreneur and former business dean, is working on ways to help National University better serve its nontraditional students.
- British-Educated Official to Lead Newly Merged College in Georgia
- Director of New Center at Texas A&M Looks for Foods That Protect Health
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
A study documents a gender gap in scholarly publishing that is often described anecdotally.
- Academic Job Openings Drop 6.6 Percent for Economics Ph.D.'s
If an editor is taking months too long on your manuscript, it's time to start being a pest.
When are deans, provosts, and presidents most likely to reverse a departmental tenure decision?
- First Impressions Via Email
- Faculty Bratitude
- What's Your Teaching Philosophy?
- The Lorax's Dilemma
- A Move to Bring Staff Scholars Out of the Shadows
- Take the Hit and Move Forward
- How the Job Search Differs at Community Colleges
- No More Digitally Challenged Liberal-Arts Majors
- Your First Year in a Ph.D. Program
- Mean and Green in Academe
- Know the Vital Players in Your Career: The Tenured Factions
- Hard Lessons From the Front Lines of Change
- The Simple Gets Complicated in an Overseas Move
- Student-Centered Graduate Teaching
- Grants on CVs: Trust but Verify
- On the Pleasure of Hating
- How Orwell and Twitter Revitalized My Course
- Be Hard to Get Along With
The CV Doctor
Our experts offer advice on preparing strong academic CV's and résumés for nonacademic jobs.
Information provided by participating institution
Since 1890, the University of North Texas has been a catalyst for transformation for its students and the North Texas region. As the nation’s 25th largest public university, UNT is dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to...