Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Lisa M. Baird led a federally financed program that set out to advance the careers of women in academic science and engineering.
- Former Audubon Chief to Lead Small College
- For New Engineering Dean, the Job Is All About Building Bridges
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The group and many of its members dismiss accusations of anti-Israel bias as attempts to stifle academic freedom.
- Professors of the Year Reveal What Makes Their Classes Stand Out
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
If faculty members are complaining about how much work they have to do, that probably means the end of the semester is near.
There are no tricks to make writing easier, just practices you can develop to get it done.
- Finishing a Humanities Dissertation in Six Years (or Less)
- No Longer 'Falling Off the Cliff'
- Risk Managing or Risk Averse?
- Is Practice Overrated?
- Confessions of a Young, Prolific Academic
- Losing My Career to Illness
- Staying Small and Getting Large
- Who Are You Trying to Impress?
- Know the Vital Players in Your Career: Your Own Actions
- Breastfeeding on the Job Market
- The Completion Conundrum
- Town and Gown: What Great Cities Can Teach Higher Education
- A Response to 'An Open Letter to Journal Editors'
- Write a Book and Become an Employee of Your Former Self
- Fictionalizing Your Scholarship
- As California Goes, So Goes the Nation?
- On Yoga and Teaching Writing
- An Open Letter to Journal Editors
Nottingham is the UK’s most dynamic international university, with campuses in China and Malaysia that give it a distinctly global flavour. Nottingham offers excellent teaching, outstanding research and an award-winning learning environment...