Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Jack Dunn is retiring after having led a planetarium at the University of Nebraska for 43 years.
- A Dean's Path: From Carnegie Mellon to Google and Back Again
- College President Moves to New Institute to Foster Dialogue on the Americas
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
Mustapha Marrouchi remains on the faculty despite using other scholars’ words, without citation, in his published works.
- East Carolina U. Blocks Hiring of Philosophy Professor Accused of Sexual Harassment
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
It’s not just careerist presidents who are weakening community colleges; it’s apathetic faculty members as well.
But can you save those left behind?
- Degrees for Sale
- Trigger Warnings Scare Students When They Should Be Gently Guided
- Know the Vital Players in Your Career: You
- Tenure and the End of the Three-Ring Binder
- Why I'm Cutting Back My Teaching
- When a Student Commits Suicide
- Disability Parenting in Academe
- Things You Should Know Before Publishing a Book
- Changing the Ph.D.: a Tilt Toward Teaching
- Inspector Bucket's Plan for Student Recruitment
- Being Nehru for 2 Days
- Should Colleges Help Undocumented Students?
- Money, Mission Creep, and Other Nagging Problems
- A 21st-Century Attendance Policy
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 2
- Using Your Last Two (or More) Years Wisely
- Can 4 People Run the Whole Shebang?
- Finding Meaning After Academe
The University of Roehampton, London provides a high-quality learning experience in a friendly and supportive environment. The Roehampton ethos sees higher education as an important driver of both personal growth and social change. Roehampton...