Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Ex-Lawmaker Embraces Chance to Improve Social Relations at the U. of Oklahoma; and Other News About People
Jabar Shumate, new vice president for the university community, says he is encouraged by students’ response to a shocking incident.
- New Dean Asks More of a Successful Law School, and Other News About People
- Career-Office Director Seeks Jobs for Every Last Polar Bear, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
A new paper raises the question of how much the fear of being misinterpreted by skeptics is constraining researchers.
- To Be a Featured Speaker at a Scholarly Meeting, It Helps to Be Male
Graduate students should remember that the dissertation is the beginning of their research, not the endpoint.
A historian sets a personal moratorium on taking on any new doctoral students.
- Stop the Resource Bombing
- The 7 Fundamental Conditions of Learning
- A Hockey Mom Seeks Tenure
- The Challenges of Writing 'I'
- Interviewing While LGBTQ
- Citations, Divorce, and Name Changes
- 'You Didn't Tell Us to Do That'
- The 3 Essential Functions of Your Syllabus, Part 2
- On Almost Teaching in China
- Shared Governance or Snared Governance?
- The Problem of Professionalization
- Speed Advising?
- Hiring the Dean's Kid
- The 4 Properties of Powerful Teachers
- Hedging Your Bets
- The Tenured Entrepreneur
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 5
- The Benefits of No-Tech Note Taking
The University of Roehampton, London provides a high-quality learning experience in a friendly and supportive environment. The Roehampton ethos sees higher education as an important driver of both personal growth and social change. Roehampton...