Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
California State hires a new student-affairs leader. George Soros's foundations ask an ex-dean to help spread higher education around the globe.
- Virginia Tech's First Lady Has 2nd Role on Campus
- Kinsey Institute Moves Beyond the Study of Sex: Now It’s Love
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
On February 28, 1967, Gov. Ronald Reagan spoke of "certain intellectual luxuries that perhaps we could do without." Here's why liberal education has never recovered.
- A Modern Clinical Trial: 7 Years, 1,000 Patients, and Plenty of Questions About Cost
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
More and more grant agencies, faced with too many applications, are asking researchers to submit a preliminary version for review.
What you need to practice (repeatedly) to make a good impression in a campus interview.
- Waiting for Us to Notice Them
- Coming Out as Academic Mothers
- Writing With a Heavy Teaching Load
- Immigrant Song
- The Lessons of Failure
- 'It's Really Good, but ...'
- How to Curate Your Digital Identity as an Academic
- Teach While You're at It
- Presidents and Public Engagement
- Straight Talk About 'Adjunctification'
- A Foot in the Door at a Small Liberal-Arts College
- Help! My Boss Is a Control Freak
- Educating Minds Online
- Simplify the Application Process
- What's a 'Work for Hire' and Why Should You Care?
- Digital Natives Like a Good Lecture, Too
- Don't Fear Fund Raising, Part 4
- The Dissertation: Then, Now, and What Next?
In the words of the founding president of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, "Education is like a lantern which lights your way in a dark alley”. Sheikh Zayed (may his soul rest in peace) led the nation during an era that saw the UAE...