Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
New Director of Center for International Higher Education to Redirect Its Focus, and Other News About People
Hans de Wit would like the center at Boston College to look more closely at what’s going on in China, Latin America, Russia, and South Africa.
- Harvey Mudd Professor Engages Students in Saving Tropical Forests, and Other News About People
- Ex-Lawmaker Embraces Chance to Improve Social Relations at the U. of Oklahoma; and Other News About People
Even faculty members disagree on when paraphrasing becomes plagiarism. How can we expect students to know?
Why are some departments guarded about sharing the details of a faculty opening?
- 'So What Are You Going to Do With That?'
- Graduate Students Cannot Live by Pimentos Alone
- Why I Love Academic Conferences
- Defending My Grades
- The Completion Agenda, Part 1
- What Graduate Advisers Can Do to Help
- Stop the Resource Bombing
- The 7 Fundamental Conditions of Learning
- A Hockey Mom Seeks Tenure
- The Challenges of Writing 'I'
- Citations, Divorce, and Name Changes
- The 3 Essential Functions of Your Syllabus, Part 2
- On Almost Teaching in China
- Shared Governance or Snared Governance?
- The Problem of Professionalization
- Speed Advising?
- Hiring the Dean's Kid
- The 4 Properties of Powerful Teachers
It only takes the spark of an idea to create a truly transforming institution, and so it was in the early 1800s that men of power and influence converged upon Liverpool with their energy and enthusiasm for creating educational opportunities for...