Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Michael D. Ellzey has leadership experience in the public and private sector, but he is neither a historian nor an archivist.
- Even at 100, Professor Keeps Up Fight Against Trans Fats; and Other News About People
- A Former Provost Is Recast as a Librarian, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
Humanities scholars and computer scientists team up on a study of a century-old pandemic, with echoes of current outbreaks.
- For Better or Worse, Universities Make Greater Use of Smaller Lab Animals
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
Associate professors see their earning power drop compared with that of their peers, according to more than a decade of salary data.
Interactive: Explore an interactive database on faculty salaries in 2013-14, from a national survey conducted by the American Association of University Professors.
They’ll tell you about tenure and hiring. Here’s what they won’t tell you.
Your syllabus is more than a contract with your students.
- A Letter to Full-Time Faculty Members
- Let's Give Service a Real Role
- Where the Money Is (Not) At
- From Grad School to 'The Atlantic'
- The 'Middle of the End' for Community Colleges?
- Time From Degree
- 'Good' Hard vs. 'Bad' Hard
- Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Writers
- Avoiding PTDS: Post-Tenure Depression Syndrome
- Why Didn't They Pick Me?
- 7 Hazards of the Campus Interview
- 13 Years an Archduke
- Writing a Preproposal: Leave Them Wanting More
- A Guide to Campus Interviews
- Waiting for Us to Notice Them
- Coming Out as Academic Mothers
- Writing With a Heavy Teaching Load
- Immigrant Song
St. George’s University is a dynamic center of higher education with a global network of academic, medical, and scientific collaborators in education, medicine, research, and science. Over 6,000...