On HiringView more >>
In the Forums
That One Student Who Gets Under Your Skin
How do you deal with a student who annoys you to no end?, a professor asks.
Lies We Tell Our Students
Professors have been known to tell a few white lies and whoppers, too.
Should or shouldn't you apply?
The Plan B Job-Market Check-In Thread
Talk about how your nonacademic search is progressing.
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
- The Ph.D.-Industry Gap
- What Informational Interviews Can Do for You
Roderick H. Dashwood has moved from Oregon State University to build a Center for Epigenetics & Disease Prevention in Houston.
- Philosopher Kwame Anthony Appiah to Leave Princeton for NYU
- American Leads Chinese Business School's Westward Expansion
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The judge in the closely watched case agreed with the university's argument that the student had not shown evidence of discrimination and retaliation.
- Deeper Debt Hits Many Doctorate Recipients, Annual Survey Shows
A professor's daughter who is now an academic wonders: Do I want my child to follow in my footsteps?
It's time to overhaul a foolish job-application requirement.
- The Lorax's Dilemma
- A Move to Bring Staff Scholars Out of the Shadows
- Take the Hit and Move Forward
- How the Job Search Differs at Community Colleges
- No More Digitally Challenged Liberal-Arts Majors
- Your First Year in a Ph.D. Program
- Mean and Green in Academe
- Know the Vital Players in Your Career: The Tenured Factions
- Hard Lessons From the Front Lines of Change
- The Simple Gets Complicated in an Overseas Move
- Student-Centered Graduate Teaching
- Grants on CVs: Trust but Verify
- On the Pleasure of Hating
- How Orwell and Twitter Revitalized My Course
- Be Hard to Get Along With
- How Not to Blow an Interview
- Limbo University Press
- We'll Never Be Royals
The CV Doctor
Our experts offer advice on preparing strong academic CV's and résumés for nonacademic jobs.
Information provided by participating institution
The University of Florida is a major, public, land-grant and research university. The state’s oldest, largest and most comprehensive university, UF is among the nation’s most academically diverse public universities with 16 colleges on its...