Vitae: Adjunctsploitation in the Spotlight
Democrats on a House of Representatives committee collected adjuncts’ stories for a report on the working conditions of contingent faculty.
- Q&A: The Congressman Who Wants to Make Adjunct Labor an Issue
- A Congressman Asks for Adjuncts' Stories, and Responses Pour In
AAUP - Salary Survey, 2013+14
In the Forums
Where the Ph.D.'s Go
The Council of Graduate Schools should focus on questions like "Who are the stakeholders who need to be won over?," writes L. Maren Wood.
- 3 Things I've Learned About Ph.D. Students and Placement
Daniel W. Jones, a medical doctor, will oversee program development at the university’s Mississippi Center for Obesity Research.
- Changes in Colorado Prompt Call for a New Kind of Professor; and Other News About People
- U. of Miami to Get Its First Hispanic Leader, and Other News About People
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
A growing protest movement on the Columbia campus shows how quickly and easily tensions can flare up over their issues.
- Federal Plan to Modernize Medical Trials’ Rules Would Be Boon to Universities
A part-timer comes to realize that she is neither incompetent nor insane.
And why its Twitter and Facebook accounts should be as free as possible from institutional interference.
- Give Us a Voice in Our Own Future
- The Power of Positive Regard
- Rude Young Nobodies Misbehave
- 10 Things This Instructor Loves
- Inertia vs. Freedom in Faculty Life
- Scholars Talk Writing: Sam Wineburg
- The Completion Agenda, Part 4: Finishing and the Job Hunt
- Of Cannibals and Conferences
- Late Again?
- The Sad Story of the P.M.A.
- Information Technology: The Accidental Career for Ph.D.s
- The Art of the Rejection Letter
- Final Exams or Epic Finales
- Have I Become an Educated Rita?
- The Better Angels of Our Writing
- Building a Better Discussion
- Knowing When to Say When
- Next Time With Dignity
Amity University is India's Ranked No. 1 non-profit private
University. It is one of India's first private Universities and is
part of the Amity Education Group with over 80,000 students, across
1,000 acres of hi-tech campuses.