The Academic Workplace special report highlights the results of The Chronicle’s Great Colleges to Work For survey. Nearly 300 institutions participated this year, making it the largest higher-education employee survey and workplace recognition program in the country, just behind Fortune Magazine’s popular 100 Best Companies to Work For.
SPECIAL EDITORIAL FOCUS:
• An honor roll of the best 2- and 4-year colleges that scored well across 12 categories of best practices
• A listing of all the colleges recognized for various distinguished practices, with summary information on
• Key trends in recruitment and hiring gleaned from the survey of more than 50,000 college employees.
• Question-and-answer sessions with hiring managers about what it takes to be the right candidate in
• How to navigate generational differences between faculty members.
• Advice on switching careers on campus.