• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 11:49:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 3615
  Print  
Author Topic: Lonely Hearts Club  (Read 5560242 times)
pink_
Empress &
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #22275 on: January 31, 2008, 1:15:37 AM »

Uh oh.

Illuminata, I think Bleu is talking to Miles.

Oh, Miles has started beating the bush about meeting.

Hmmm. Does "beating the bush" mean something like "googling the python," but for the opposite sex?

I can't believe I just wrote that. Back to lecture-writing. Now.

Oops, I neglected to add "around" in that sentence. Not the same as googling the python.

Miles has pumped up the meeting volume. He is talking about coming within a few hours of ttville. I think he wants to meet yesterday.

Not a good sign.

I'd say this is a great sign. He's very anxious to meet you.

Clearly, the boy has taste.

ahastar

« Reply #22276 on: January 31, 2008, 1:24:35 AM »

Perhaps you people might date each other. That might be a solution. I met my wife at church and recommend that as a place to find serious people with good values.
merce
strange attractor

« Reply #22277 on: January 31, 2008, 1:29:00 AM »

Perhaps you people might date each other. That might be a solution. I met my wife at church and recommend that as a place to find serious people with good values.

OMG!!!

AHAStar visited us here at the LHC! I just can't believe it.
Wow!

But alas, he's not available.
I was so hopeful.

"serious" people with "good values"
teehee
heehee

spammer 
Profuse gift offerings to garnish your day.
copper
Ice Road Truckin'

Suckin' it up like Buttercup.

« Reply #22278 on: January 31, 2008, 1:41:06 AM »

Wow!

Merce, I've met plenty of men who are happy to play while the wife's at church.

"The most exciting things in life require more courage than we currently have." -- Jack McPhee, or whoever wrote the 4th season of Dawson's.
ahastar

« Reply #22279 on: January 31, 2008, 1:41:17 AM »

OMG!!!

Wow!

I was so hopeful.

"serious" people with "good values"
teehee
heehee

No need to be snide! I didn't advocate one particular church. Even if you are an Episcopalian or Unitarian I would imagine that you have some sort of attitudes or opinions in common if not traditional values.  Meeting like minded people has its benefits.

noof_
Newphd_turned

« Reply #22280 on: January 31, 2008, 2:40:17 AM »

Just got off the phone with Miles. <sigh>

I'll stick with the boy. He'll look 21 in a decade or so. If he doesn't mind going out with an old lady then ...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 2:40:58 AM by newphd » Logged
noof_
Newphd_turned

« Reply #22281 on: January 31, 2008, 2:44:13 AM »

Clearly, the boy has taste.

Or he's desperate and lonely.

He spent a bulk of the conversation trying to sell is city.

Me, move? Not happening.
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #22282 on: January 31, 2008, 8:22:16 AM »

If you wish to remain unskewered, I suggest that you depart quietly.

As per my sig line, I am getting condiments out of the fridge.

VP

spork
If you are reading this, I am naked.

« Reply #22283 on: January 31, 2008, 8:27:25 AM »

OH snap! You got the "I can't drive that far bc my workaholism will get in my way" speech? dangit.

[. . .]

Very common in the chum slick.  It translates one of two ways:

- I am not serious about dating.

- I am not interested in you.

a.k.a. gum-chewing monkey in a Tufts University jacket

"There are no bad ideas, only great ideas that go horribly wrong."

"Please do not force people who are exhausted to take medication for hallucinations." -- Memo from the Chair, Department of White Privilege Studies, Fiork University
spork
If you are reading this, I am naked.

« Reply #22284 on: January 31, 2008, 8:30:03 AM »

I've met many quality women during conference and campus interviews.  They were all serious and seemed to have good values.

a.k.a. gum-chewing monkey in a Tufts University jacket

"There are no bad ideas, only great ideas that go horribly wrong."

"Please do not force people who are exhausted to take medication for hallucinations." -- Memo from the Chair, Department of White Privilege Studies, Fiork University
prytania3

Prytania, the Foracle

« Reply #22285 on: January 31, 2008, 8:36:59 AM »

I love the word skewered.

I'm almost dressed for my 8:30AM class. This is my 4-class day and I'm exhausted. Hedgepig has got to get on a normal schedule. He called me 3 freaking times in the middle of the night to tell me he  loved me. On one hand, it was sweet and I was happy to hear it. On the other, I need my beauty rest.

He also sent me an email this morning at about 4:30Am. He wanted to know if I were up. If I were, we could get some eggs. I wasn't. I love him, I do, but that one's a headache.

I'm not a narcissist. I'm just angry and violent.
grasshopper

Grade Despot

« Reply #22286 on: January 31, 2008, 9:26:41 AM »

He's manic...

.... Manic with LOVE! heh.

OH snap! You got the "I can't drive that far bc my workaholism will get in my way" speech? dangit.

[. . .]

Very common in the chum slick.  It translates one of two ways:

- I am not serious about dating.

- I am not interested in you.

I think we need a Chum-English Translation Dictionary.

I have to admit: I get SO excited whenever AHAStar comes out! I'm like a giggly schoolgirl right now.

You know, when you get down to it, there's not much difference between the dancings of angels and devils, is there? They both dance pretty wide, and swipe a lot of humans upside the head in their passing. The Fiona, AHAStar... it's all evidence of the mystical in the CHE fora. Of course, The Fiona bestows blessings. AHAStar is a bit more of a trickster. But it's all good. It's all attention from the gods.

elsie

« Reply #22287 on: January 31, 2008, 9:37:52 AM »

I went to Geheim's concert, which was a lot of fun and great start to my resolution to get out more to campus and area events.

Ohmygoodness!!! WHY didn't you say hello afterward??!?!? Hope you liked it. For those who are wondering - it was an evening of Brahms (songs and piano pieces) ending with the Liebeslieder Waltzer, Op. 52. YUMMY!!!

The Liebeslieder songs were a lot of fun, and it struck me while I was watching that performers are taught how to flirt, which is something us more writerly types don't get to learn.

"People assume that time is a strict progression from cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff." - the Doctor
shambelle

« Reply #22288 on: January 31, 2008, 9:40:45 AM »

I decided to refrain from more public posting last night, else I reveal some rather intimate details that I should (probably) be keeping to myself.

That being said... you are saying dirtiness is good, I assume... :)
And also rambling while druggy.

Too bad lab and class will consume my life today.

He was also wickedly dirty last night and today. Not that things have been clean... they went into the gutter very early on...

I'm rambling.

I wonder if posting while drugged is ever a good idea.

Yes. Right now it is the best idea.  Please continue.

illuminata

Sneak, snark, snuk.

« Reply #22289 on: January 31, 2008, 10:24:37 AM »

Skewers....doesn't Igor have a very pointy, exceptionally rusty set of those somewhere?

btw, ahastar (if you're still lurking about), in case you haven't noticed, there are 3 straight men who regularly post to the LHC, and two are taken. Unless we decided to be polygamous, which I'm sure is ok with spork, that leaves not so many options.

In stunning news, I think Bleu and I may have had The Talk. He noticed that my dating profile is gone (I didn't renew the subscription a while back) so he decided to hide his as well. Srsly weird. This is almost like a normal relationship.

Noof'd, ahem. Do I really need to remind you that you don't have to marry a boy just because you sleep with him? ; )

Playing tennis with grenades.
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 3615
  Print  

Jump to: