• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 8:56:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210]
  Print  
Author Topic: All Things Uterine  (Read 813712 times)
dr_know
Chocolate-loving, red pen-toting
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #3135 on: October 02, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »

Almost a week post-procedure, and I'm feeling really good. No pain at all! The most irritating thing right now is that it will be another 2 weeks before I can take a long, hot, soaking bath. All life's problems should be so minor.

Even better, the period that was due either yesterday or today has yet to put in an appearance <fingers crossed>.

A cat-hair dance is ongoing, TM.  I just hope I'm using strong enough incense.

Yay, Theatre Mom.  I've got backup sticks, LL. 

It's a real shame I'm too young and too poor to retire...
^Listen to Dr. Know.  She Knows.
llanfair
Still reading past her bedtime and Very

Whither Canada?

« Reply #3136 on: October 03, 2014, 8:05:41 PM »

Almost a week post-procedure, and I'm feeling really good. No pain at all! The most irritating thing right now is that it will be another 2 weeks before I can take a long, hot, soaking bath. All life's problems should be so minor.

Even better, the period that was due either yesterday or today has yet to put in an appearance <fingers crossed>.

A cat-hair dance is ongoing, TM.  I just hope I'm using strong enough incense.

Yay, Theatre Mom.  I've got backup sticks, LL. 

Excellent.  Now where's my sharpener?

Stop looking for zebras when the horse is already standing on your foot.
drbrt

« Reply #3137 on: October 04, 2014, 11:34:55 PM »

Day 9 of this craptastic period with no sign of relief. The good news is that next year, condescending OB/GYNS will finally agree I'm old enough to get the damn thing cut out. I'd schedule the procedure on my birthday if I could.

List? I am supposed to have a list? MONDAY IS COMING! ACK!
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #3138 on: October 05, 2014, 1:25:38 PM »

Day 9 of this craptastic period with no sign of relief. The good news is that next year, condescending OB/GYNS will finally agree I'm old enough to get the damn thing cut out. I'd schedule the procedure on my birthday if I could.

Yes, that would be a splendid birthday gift to yourself.  My hyst was 16 years ago (that long? not possible!) and I'm still grateful.

theatremom

« Reply #3139 on: October 05, 2014, 1:51:56 PM »

I think you should! I've been telling people for years that the first doctor who mentioned the word "hysterectomy" to me was going to be kissed right on the face.

gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #3140 on: October 05, 2014, 3:03:58 PM »

I think you should! I've been telling people for years that the first doctor who mentioned the word "hysterectomy" to me was going to be kissed right on the face.

I had to mention it to my doctor. Her reply was that she was wondering how long it would take!

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
theatremom

« Reply #3141 on: October 06, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »

My freakin' period started today. While I was at work. With no protection in my purse, cause I thought, foolishly, that I was done with this crap.

Dammit. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

So far, it's only spotting. But I am still gloriously pissed off.
alto_stratus
Middle cloud,

« Reply #3142 on: October 09, 2014, 4:56:04 PM »

Sorry, TM.  I hope it isn't too bad.

I didn't manage to take all the pills necessary to prevent major AF, and now I am dealing with the consequences.   Arg.  Maybe it will be a shorter one?  I can dream. 
theatremom

« Reply #3143 on: October 10, 2014, 10:17:56 PM »

Ok, I'm cooled off. It turned out to be 3 days of spotting, and it's over now. I still wish I was one of the women whose periods stop completely, but this is a clear improvement.
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #3144 on: October 15, 2014, 8:27:06 AM »

Just heard a radio documentary on morcellation, and I'm now really really really glad I had an abdominal hyst.  It doesn't cause cancer, but if there's an undetected (ie. unsuspected) tumour there, it's a power metastasiser.

alto_stratus
Middle cloud,

« Reply #3145 on: October 15, 2014, 3:02:43 PM »

I read about that.  Very scary.
monarda
younger looking

« Reply #3146 on: October 17, 2014, 11:58:28 PM »

Yeah. And I had my fibroids removed by morcellation- which was the latest, newest, cool thing in 2007 when I had it done.
At least mine were dangling inside the uterus, so hopefully no little morsels escaped.
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #3147 on: October 18, 2014, 10:40:21 AM »

Apparently most of the time it's perfectly safe - but if there are any cancer cells around unbeknownst to the surgeon, they are spread by the procedure.

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210]
  Print  

Jump to: