• May 26, 2016
May 27, 2016, 12:36:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222]
  Print  
Author Topic: All Things Uterine  (Read 909436 times)
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #3315 on: May 10, 2016, 1:54:32 pm »

My surgery is THIS WEEK!! Woo hoo. And panic-inducing. I'm not concentrating very well on work, so I've been amusing myself with reading through all the pages of this thread. There are some interesting stories and excellent wisdom out there.

Congratulations on your surgery. Don't forget to amuse yourself by going grocery shopping and stocking your shelves with lots of post-surgery treats and comfort foods.

Take care and best of wishes to you!

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
dr_know
It's hard out there for a
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #3316 on: May 15, 2016, 11:55:37 pm »

Take care, Laudity.  Don't overdo it on the post-op walking.  My friend did too much today, and finally had to admit we were right and she needed to go home.  For her obedience, we rewarded her with fruit and chocolate.  Now she understands this is the time to trade on friendships!

My uterus has been acting pretty well.  It's time for me to get another Depo shot this week.  Other than a few mild cramps here and there, I haven't had any problems with it.

It's a real shame I'm too young and too poor to retire...
^Listen to Dr. Know.  She Knows.
laudity

« Reply #3317 on: May 16, 2016, 12:43:25 pm »

Thanks Melba and Dr. Know!

I'm amazed at how well I'm doing just a few days after major surgery. I'm walking around a bit, but trying not to overdo it.  I shuffled two blocks yesterday. Walking a bit definitely feels good. My main task is to listen to my body and make sure that I'm doing what it needs at any given moment.

I got to see pictures of everything from the procedure. Pretty darn cool.

Dr_know - glad to hear that your uterus is behaving these days.

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222]
  Print  

Jump to: