Weird things students do

(1/20) > >>

summers_off:
Last week, in class, a student apparently had a runny nose, so he literally stuck a tissue up his nose, and left the end hanging out for the entire class session.  I was so grossed out I couldnít even look at him.  Then this week I saw a different student doing the same thing.  What is with that?  It is so gross!! I donít ever recall seeing anyone do it before.

sprout:
I confess i've done it when I have a cold, but only where noone else could see me!

ellaminnowphd:
I mentioned this a while back on "favorite" student emails.

One of my students sent me an email to say he wasn't going to make it to class because he had a nosebleed. 

He attached a picture. 

infopri:
You can probably thank Facebook and Twitter, where some people post pictures of every moment of their lives, no matter how uninteresting (!) to other people.  And, once you've normalized such things by posting pictures of them on Facebook, it seems perfectly ordinary to do the same things in class.

cc_alan:
Quote from: infopri on March 26, 2013, 11:39:21 AM

You can probably thank Facebook and Twitter, where some people post pictures of every moment of their lives, no matter how uninteresting (!) to other people.  And, once you've normalized such things by posting pictures of them on Facebook, it seems perfectly ordinary to do the same things in class.

No.

Nononononono.

No.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page