• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 8:32:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: what are the chances  (Read 23995 times)
kilnyoto

« on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:49 PM »

I know this is not going to make me any friends, but I have a crush on my teacher. What are the chances he will come to me without me making a move? He knows that I like him, but I am very shy. I know that he likes me because he drops hints about it in class. I consider the fact he can't hit on his students without hurting his reputation so won't pursue me for that reason. Or can/will he? Please advise.
frogfactory
Totally Metal
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »

Good news! Semester's almost over, so he won't be your teacher anymore and he'll soon be free to bang you.  I'd leave him a sexy note including your phone number on your final.  Oh, and make sure you wear a bra at least one size too small whenever you're likely to run into him.  Especially if you're a guy.

At the end of the day, sometimes you just have to masturbate in the bathroom.
kilnyoto

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

Ok I was being serious. I am looking for a relationship, not a hook up which is why I want him to come to me. I feel if I come onto him he won't take me seriously. I will know he is interested if he comes to me. But can he do that? A TA surreptitiously messaged me on facebook last semester.
systeme_d_

No T, no shade. Usually.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 12:03:09 AM »

Oh fvck off.
Go play on an undergraduate forum.

zarathustra
Because the Chron says I'm a

Procrastifabulous by nature.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:13:58 AM »

Ooh goody! I hope this is a live one!

<gets chaise lounge>

Someone bring some popcorn.

The Squishiest!
wet_blanket
Some kind of

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 12:16:27 AM »

Oh, and make sure you wear a bra at least one size too small whenever you're likely to run into him. 

Doesn't that just lead to unattractive double boobs?

Let us let wet_blanket have the last word.
kilnyoto

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »

I actually am not a little kid. I don't want to specify my situation, but if I were immature I would have not considered the consequences and just asked him out.
systeme_d_

No T, no shade. Usually.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:28:48 AM »

If you were mature you wouldn't be posting here with this kind of idiocy.

infopri
I guess I'm now a VERY

When all else fails, let us agree to disagree.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 12:29:30 AM »

I have a crush on my teacher. What are the chances he will come to me without me making a move?

If he is a person of integrity, the chances are pretty much nil--and it's a good thing.

There's a reason that what you are feeling is called a "crush."  Recognize it for what it is and then forget about serious thoughts of romance with him.  It ain't gonna happen, unless he's a scuzz ball. 

And it doesn't matter how old you are. 

People who do not understand numbers should not be allowed to use them for anything. - DvF

MYOB.  Y enseņen bien a sus hijos.
kilnyoto

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 12:34:39 AM »

I think you are right in a sense. I was doing poorly in the beginning of the semester, but he could tell I was a serious student. A few times he made eye contact with me as the class ended. Giving one the impression he wanted me to come speak to him/get to know me better. Part of the reason I did so bad was because I was blocking my attraction for him and it was upending my ability to learn. I finally gave my crush free reign and improved A LOT. Since I started doing better, I am already getting an A, he has changed his tactic. He brings up my interests in class. At first I was like "wow he'll say ANYTHING to get what he wants". Now, I am really attracted to him and I don't care. But, like I said, my boundary is I will not make the first move. I think if he was interested in me beyond something physical he could/would do that. Though I haven't at all given him the impression I am definitely interested. I just went to class and hung on his every word.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:36:07 AM by kilnyoto » Logged
octoprof
Member-Moderator

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 12:41:20 AM »

I actually am not a little kid. I don't want to specify my situation, but if I were immature I would have not considered the consequences and just asked him out.

If you were mature, you wouldn't be posting about this.

<sets up the grill and takes orders for ribeyes>

Love your neighbor.
mystictechgal
Happy in my "full, rich adulthood", and as a
Member-Moderator

One step at a time

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:54:36 AM »

You may not be a little kid, chronologically, but you're sure sounding like a middle-schooler.

I'll take my steak medium-rare, please.

You must realize that a university cannot educate you. You must do that for yourself, although a college or university is the place where it is likely that you can study most efficiently.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/chapman.htm

"Is all the same, only different" -- HL
octoprof
Member-Moderator

Love your loved ones while you can.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 1:02:24 AM »

I'll take my steak medium-rare, please.

My speciality!

Coming right up!

Love your neighbor.
wet_blanket
Some kind of

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 1:02:48 AM »

Student crushes are a dime a dozen, and in the majority of situations the prof isn't interested.  You seem sure you're in the minority.  You know that many professors aren't comfortable with the idea of dating their students because they're concerned about impropriety.

The very first thing you wrote acknowledged the ridiculousness of posting here.  We have no new information for you.  The only source of the information you want is from the prof himself.  Ask him for it, then either start shagging him or go to some other part of the internet to ponder whether his rejection is because of his position or because he's just not that into you.

Let us let wet_blanket have the last word.
infopri
I guess I'm now a VERY

When all else fails, let us agree to disagree.

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 1:30:38 AM »

he could tell I was a serious student. A few times he made eye contact with me as the class ended. Giving one the impression he wanted me to come speak to him/get to know me better.

You are reading too much into the situation and seeing only what you want to see.  I make eye contact with my students all the time.  Trust me, I don't want a relationship with any of them.  Most professors don't, and I will lay good money that your professor doesn't, either.

Though I haven't at all given him the impression I am definitely interested. I just went to class and hung on his every word.

He probably does know.  And it probably creeps him out.  He has no interest in a teenybopper (and I use that word to describe your feelings about him, regardless of your physical age.)  Leave the poor guy alone and focus on your studies.  You'll both be better off.

People who do not understand numbers should not be allowed to use them for anything. - DvF

MYOB.  Y enseņen bien a sus hijos.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: