• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 5:11:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107
  Print  
Author Topic: shoe options for female faculty in the humanities  (Read 336810 times)
greyscale
Monochromatic
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #945 on: February 21, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »

After searching all day, I finally thought to check the Skechers store near me, and got these
http://www.skechers.com/style/21571/bikers-step-up/bbk
for just $30. They aren't quite as sleek as I'd wanted, but they are cheap and look less athletic in person than they do in the photo.

This is a f***ing expensive CHE post, though, because after I bought them, I was at my favorite taqueria, waiting in line to order, and I decided to find the shoes online so I could post them here. While I was doing that, someone snatched my new iphone from my hand and ran out the door. So the shoes better be worth it.
merce
strange attractor

« Reply #946 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:42 AM »

WOW! That's crazy.
I'm so sorry.
That's horrible. I hope it was insured or will somehow reappear.
(Does anyone remember the TV show The Equalizer? I loved it. There seems to have been another one with a mafia background to it from around the same time. The guy was super cute. I love the idea of someone running out to track down the thief and return your phone)

spammer 
Profuse gift offerings to garnish your day.
greyscale
Monochromatic

« Reply #947 on: February 21, 2012, 12:32:20 AM »

I just found out that my credit card does theft coverage for 90 days, and I bought it 83 days ago, so I hope that works!

I ran after the guy but he was way faster than me, so I gave up quickly, and no one else responded to me yelling "Thief!". Also, there's sort of a language barrier, so I had trouble explaining it to the employees. But one local guy was very sweet and said he thinks he knows the thief's accomplice and he'll talk to the guy's manager. Not much point in filing a police report except for the insurance.
pink_
Empress &

« Reply #948 on: February 22, 2012, 8:34:25 AM »

I just found out that my credit card does theft coverage for 90 days, and I bought it 83 days ago, so I hope that works!

I ran after the guy but he was way faster than me, so I gave up quickly, and no one else responded to me yelling "Thief!". Also, there's sort of a language barrier, so I had trouble explaining it to the employees. But one local guy was very sweet and said he thinks he knows the thief's accomplice and he'll talk to the guy's manager. Not much point in filing a police report except for the insurance.

You might need the police report for your credit card company to honor the "damaged or stolen" clause. Sorry to hear about your phone--that's really lame!

greyscale
Monochromatic

« Reply #949 on: February 22, 2012, 9:09:08 PM »

I did file a police report; they said (understandably) that I should've called it in at the time because they might have caught the guy. Oh well. They also said people like me shouldn't hang out in that neighborhood, which was frustrating and demoralizing because it's my neighborhood and my favorite place to eat and I might just be a gentrifying hipster but I've lived here for six years, I knew what I was getting into, and it's not like I'm whining about the crime rate. He just sounded frustrated with how little they can do to stop crime.
marigolds
looks far too young to be a

i had fun once and it was awful

« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2012, 9:10:09 PM »

I did file a police report; they said (understandably) that I should've called it in at the time because they might have caught the guy. Oh well. They also said people like me shouldn't hang out in that neighborhood, which was frustrating and demoralizing because it's my neighborhood and my favorite place to eat and I might just be a gentrifying hipster but I've lived here for six years, I knew what I was getting into, and it's not like I'm whining about the crime rate. He just sounded frustrated with how little they can do to stop crime.

That sucks. On all kinds of levels.

And how were you supposed to call it in? He took your phone!

They are our servants.  They are like dogs.  Sometimes, they think they remember being wolves, but they are only dreaming.
voxprincipalis
Foxaliciously Cinnamon-Scented (and Most Poetic)
Member-Moderator

Has potentially infinite removable wallets

« Reply #951 on: February 22, 2012, 9:25:11 PM »

At the risk of suggesting the obvious, did you use "Find My iPhone"? That's sort of what it's for.

VP

merce
strange attractor

« Reply #952 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »

If it's your neighborhood the kid's a schmuck.
Tell folks casually, just like idle gossip.
It should get around and presto someone will hand your phone and say that someone found it on the sidewalk.

spammer 
Profuse gift offerings to garnish your day.
greyscale
Monochromatic

« Reply #953 on: February 23, 2012, 3:11:53 AM »

At the risk of suggesting the obvious, did you use "Find My iPhone"? That's sort of what it's for.

You have to have set up iCloud before it's stolen. I hadn't.
prof_smartypants
Treasure-pilferin' and grog-swillin'

You're getting hosed by small minds with no game.

« Reply #954 on: February 25, 2012, 9:26:47 AM »

OK. I just went a little nutty. I bought THESE in bone at TJ Maxx, and THESE in brown/camel from Zappos and THESE in black from amazon. I'm cut off for awhile.

The good news is that all three pairs cost me about $115, so I don't feel too badly about it!

zoelouise

« Reply #955 on: March 01, 2012, 8:19:56 PM »

I bought THESE in brown/camel from Zappos.

[/quote]

Super cute. Reasonably priced, too.

You ain't a beauty but hey you're alright
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #956 on: March 02, 2012, 7:46:05 PM »

OK. I just went a little nutty. I bought THESE in bone at TJ Maxx, and THESE in brown/camel from Zappos and THESE in black from amazon. I'm cut off for awhile.

The good news is that all three pairs cost me about $115, so I don't feel too badly about it!

<gasp>
I've been eying the second pair myself! (The Gabrielle Rocha, Gingers) They seem to be going fast. I recall they had more different colors a few weeks ago. I hope you will enjoy. Post an update later and let us know how they fit.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
prof_smartypants
Treasure-pilferin' and grog-swillin'

You're getting hosed by small minds with no game.

« Reply #957 on: March 02, 2012, 7:55:09 PM »

<gasp>
I've been eying the second pair myself! (The Gabrielle Rocha, Gingers) They seem to be going fast. I recall they had more different colors a few weeks ago. I hope you will enjoy. Post an update later and let us know how they fit.

The footbed isn't the cushiest, but the wide, rounded toe box more than makes up for it. The brown is a nice medium chocolate (it looks almost black on the zappos site), and with the camel piping, they go with almost everything. I'm a 9.5 and the fit is just right.

The moccasins ran small when I got the blue (such a cute color!) from zappos, so I ended up buying them in a 10 in black (for $18!!) from amazon. They were too big, but I splurged and got a gellin' insert for $15 from CVS and now they're perfect (and OH SO COMFY!)

zuzu_
Frakking

« Reply #958 on: March 02, 2012, 9:45:27 PM »

I went on a Frye-ing spree recently. These in red. These in fawn. These in bronze metallic.

I'm cut off for awhile too. I ordered all three of these, positive I would return one or two. Nope. All three were heavenly. I can't believe how comfortable and stable the 4.5" platforms are. I will never sacrifice comfort and function, but these are almost as comfortable and stable as my Danskos. For real.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 9:46:03 PM by zuzu_ » Logged
biomancer
trying to be the person my dog thinks I am

CHE Fora Hazmat Team

« Reply #959 on: May 06, 2012, 8:06:47 PM »

I bought my first pair of Danskos while out shopping today - these sandals, in the black shown.  I've been wearing them around the house since I got home to 'break them in' and they are really comfortable.  Now I understand why so many of you have been going on about Danskos for so long.

Clueless people can be dangerous. The acidic environment they can spread often needs to be neutralized, and humor is basic.  - Dellaroux

I have realized that it is best to assume everyone is bonkers until they demonstrate otherwise. - ChaosByDesign
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107
  Print  

Jump to: