• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 8:42:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Law Schools accepting and waiving tuition?  (Read 6961 times)
a friend
« on: September 03, 2005, 6:56:00 AM »

I have a friend who is trying to move from Tulane to another law school.  He was scheduled to be a 1L this fall.  Does anyone have a somewhat "complete" list of law schools who have offered to assist the students from Tulane?  I think Xavier has a LS too, right?

I have heard that Penn, Columbia, Baylor, and a couple others are trying to help.
a friend
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 6:57:38 AM »

I forgot to mention that my friend actually lived in New Orleans as well as was going to attend Tulane, so he lost his home, etc.  Money is going to be an issue, thus why I asked if any were waiving tuition.

He doesn't have easy access to a computer just yet.

Any thoughts?
Prytania
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 7:12:04 AM »

Go to http://www.nola.com/forums/townhall/index.ssf and type in Tulane Law in the search box. That will bring up all the Tulane Law posts on the Times Picayune Orleans forum and some schools are listed as well as web sites.

Also, you might call the schools listed on this forum that have a law school.

Good luck!
Prytania
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 7:14:51 AM »

THis should give you the updated data base for schools accepting Tulane and Loyola law students.

http://www.aals.org/neworleans/schoolsbystate.html
a friend
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 7:14:52 AM »

Thanks, I will check those links out...

Too bad there isn't a "central website" that links out to all the efforts and forums, etc.  I guess it would be hard to put something like that together quickly though.
a friend
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 7:15:48 AM »

OK, wow, this is REALLY helpful!  Thanks!!!

Prytania wrote:

> THis should give you the updated data base for schools
> accepting Tulane and Loyola law students.
>
> http://www.aals.org/neworleans/schoolsbystate.html
another friend
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 1:28:14 PM »

I checked the database, and noticed one was missing.  Oklahoma City University is also accepting law students displaced by the hurricane, and is waving tuition for the fall semester.  They are working on housing issues, but I know that many friends of the university are offering housing for these students.  Please look at their website at www.okcu.edu for more information, and good luck.  If your friend has already been evacuated to Texas, its not too far from Houston, and even closer to Austin and Dallas.
Prytania
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 2:07:12 PM »

I know Oklahoma State is offering A LOT to about everybody. It's a shame they aren't on the web page.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: