video examples of logical fallacies

(1/4) > >>

mountainguy:
My logical fallacies lecture is coming up, so I figured I'd update my video list. These are the examples I currently use:

Ad Hominem: Geico Caveman commercial

Faulty Appeal to Authority: Medical doctors smoke camel cigarettes

Slippery Slope: 2011 Dodge Charger commercial

Slippery Slope: Ronald Reagan on health care reform

Other video examples are welcome. I'm especially looking for a good example of appeal to pity. (I tried finding one of those old Sally Struthers "feed the children" commercials, but the ones that come up in YouTube are not the overwrought ones).

drnobody:
Bookmarking. Thanks!

onthefringe:
For appeal to pity, how about one of the Sarah MacLachlan ASPCA commercials (www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc) Or this ASPCA commercial (www.youtube.com/watch?v=gREOGHeYQ6M) which features lots of sad and abused animals.

academic_cog:
which series of commercials had the silly, "when you don't have cable, you get depressed..." and ends up with "you sell your hair in Vegas. Don't sell your hair in Vegas. Get ____" --- was it charter? dish? Anybody got links to this series?

onthefringe:
Quote from: academic_cog on March 12, 2013,  8:33:22 PM

which series of commercials had the silly, "when you don't have cable, you get depressed..." and ends up with "you sell your hair in Vegas. Don't sell your hair in Vegas. Get ____" --- was it charter? dish? Anybody got links to this series?

Oh, those are DirecTV. Here's a link to the "Don't end up in a ditch" one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7udQSHWpL88. These would be good slippery slope examples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page