Great moments in teaching

<< < (4/10) > >>

dr_alcott:
Quote from: arts4ever on February 27, 2013,  3:52:20 PM

Wore two entirely different earrings a few weeks back. And, no, I don't make "fashion statements".

I did this too. I didn't notice it until dinner.

Quote from: mr_spicoli on February 27, 2013, 12:54:03 AM

As I was walking up the stairs to a job interview, I realized, in my distracted state of showering and dressing, I had forgotten to put my belt on. It was too late to go back home.

Yep, I was interviewed by the Dean, Chair, VP, and misc. Senior faculty members, then gave a presentation, all the while wondering if they noticed I wasn't wearing a belt.

They either did not notice or did not care, because I got the job!

I noticed in the middle of an interview that one of my suit jacket's buttons was dangling by a thread that was about three inches long. And I got that job.

But what really takes the cake for me was the time I accidentally pulled a tampon out of my pocket and flung it on the floor.

melba_frilkins:
Quote from: dr_alcott on February 27, 2013,  5:43:52 PM

But what really takes the cake for me was the time I accidentally pulled a tampon out of my pocket and flung it on the floor.

I have a friend who... Well, I promised to never repeat the story.

Let's just say that it's never a good idea to carry both chalk and tampons in the same pocket.

larix:
I like to walk around the lecture hall when teaching.

I missed a stair once and ended up falling on my a** mid sentence.

I took a page from the cats book and stood up doing my best "I meant to do that" impression and got back to lecturing.

I think I heard a few snickers though.

frogfactory:
Quote from: melba_frilkins on February 27, 2013,  5:56:03 PM

Quote from: dr_alcott on February 27, 2013,  5:43:52 PM

I have a friend who... Well, I promised to never repeat the story.

Let's just say that it's never a good idea to carry both chalk and tampons in the same pocket.

Oh, gosh.  I spilled a bunch of condom packets out of a pocket one time.  I think I'd blanked that one out; cheers for the reminder.  Note that I did have a valid instructional purpose for them - the second part of the class was on STD transmission and prevention - but we had not got to that part of the class yet.  Judging by the gasps and general shocked looks, I would guess I either had a class of 18 year old virgins (hey, it was Fall semester, and they may still have been learning the implications of living away from home), or 18 year olds shocked at the implication that an ancient 27 year old might be sexually active (ewww).  

theritas:
I teach in a computer lab.  Students raise hands.  I gaze at their monitors, and start my approach as they launch into their questions.  There are backpacks, cord covers, etc. strewn about on the floor...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page