"Favorite" conversations with students

<< < (1481/1786) > >>

lohai0:
Scene: After class, Skater Kid has a question

SK: So are we going to do a review activity like for test 1?

Me: Yes, on Monday

SK: Well, because not that I'm saying I wouldn't study, but it was really helpful

Me: That is why we are doing one. On Monday

SK: Well, I didn't want to be that guy who wouldn't study without help, but I really, really wanted to make sure.

mystictechgal:
Quote from: lohai0 on March 01, 2013,  6:35:24 PM

Scene: After class, Skater Kid has a question

SK: So are we going to do a review activity like for test 1?

Me: Yes, on Monday

SK: Well, because not that I'm saying I wouldn't study, but it was really helpful

Me: That is why we are doing one. On Monday

SK: Well, I didn't want to be that guy who wouldn't study without help, but I really, really wanted to make sure.

Sounds like something to remind them about before evaluations are filled out.

mickeymantle:
A student whose attendance has been sporadic, to say the least, "dropped by" last week to ask me about the upcoming mid-term.  I suggested that if he couldn't make class next week (obvious!), he should email me with any questions.  His response: "My family doesn't believe in the Internet."  Hmmm, does that mean that they don't believe in higher education as well?

baleful_regards:
Quote from: mickeymantle on March 02, 2013,  7:35:27 PM

A student whose attendance has been sporadic, to say the least, "dropped by" last week to ask me about the upcoming mid-term.  I suggested that if he couldn't make class next week (obvious!), he should email me with any questions.  His response: "My family doesn't believe in the Internet."  Hmmm, does that mean that they don't believe in higher education as well?

Was he dressed as a member of the Amish?

karmann:
Quote from: mountainguy on February 27, 2013,  4:12:00 PM

Stu Dent: I couldn't do <assignment>. There were too many people in the library.

Me: Ghhhhhhhhhhhhh  . . . .

I had something similar:  Students have to do two concert reports during the semester.  The very last local concert before the due date is a large event in which I am tangentially involved.  It's popular, but the venue is huge and it never sells out.  So a student told me that she was planning to go that show, but it was sold out.  I knew it wasn't, but wanted to make her squirm, so I texted the conductor of the orchestra right then and there to verify this miraculous sell-out, and showed her his response (something along the lines of, "LOL of course not.") It was great fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page