• November 1, 2014
November 01, 2014, 7:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for good books for general finance concepts..  (Read 1679 times)
danfersmartboy

« on: December 22, 2012, 5:14:45 AM »

Hi guys

I am currently a finance major but I won't get any classroom exposure to general finance until Spring semester  am looking to expand my knowledge in Finance as far as terminology and concepts go so I can better prepare for technical interviews when the time comes and also just for personal knowledge as well. Do you guys happen to know any other great books for finance concepts and terminology?

pedanterast
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »

"How to Read a Financial Report," by John Tracy; "The Quality of Earnings," by Thornton O'Glove; and "Mathematics for Finance" by Kapinski and Zastawniak would get you started.  You should also read Adam Smith's "Treatise on Silver," and, if your math is up to it, "Modern Portfolio Theory" by Harry Markowitz.  You do all that before your first finance class and you will be in good shape.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: