"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4577/5686) > >>

bioteacher:
Feel free, BCL!

melba_frilkins:
Quote from: barcrossliar on February 01, 2013,  8:32:07 PM

Quote from: bioteacher on February 01, 2013,  3:22:08 PM

Adding my class now is like realizing you missed your ship (which is now in the middle of the Atlantic) and saying you're a good swimmer so catching up shouldn't be a problem.

Stealing this!

Normally I just say no, but I recently had a student who was almost crying because I wouldn't sign her in for late enrollment. So finally I caved and said, ok, I'll sign the form but you have to catch up by Friday (two days out). You'll need to do x, y, and z, and if you don't I am going to drop you from the class. She agreed, but then never actually enrolled. Case closed.

This also worked for a student who was enrolled at the start but was going to miss the first 2.5 weeks of class. I said, ok I won't drop you, but you need to get x, y, z done (and submitted online). The student dropped.

And a third student who erroneously was allowed to enroll late without my permission...same thing.

But the two new students who showed up wanting to enroll WHILE I WAS PASSING OUT THE FIRST EXAM, no, not at all, no chance.

erictho:
Sigh. Yes, dear student, you need to write your paper using paragraphs even though I called it a "Writing Assignment" and not a "Research Paper."

baleful_regards:
On student eval:

I didn't think it was really fair that the Research Project ( that is scaffolded with topics being given to me the 2nd week of class and in class tutorials about the different sections, how to research and APA citations) is worth 200 points. I mean, if you don't do well on the paper it's like half your grade!

You just can't please all the people.

barnaclegoose:
Quote from: balefulregardss on February 01, 2013, 10:55:21 PM

On student eval:

I didn't think it was really fair that the Research Project ( that is scaffolded with topics being given to me the 2nd week of class and in class tutorials about the different sections, how to research and APA citations) is worth 200 points. I mean, if you don't do well on the paper it's like half your grade!

You just can't please all the people.

I think you got my student, Baleful. But you can keep him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page