"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4583/5684) > >>

mystictechgal:
Quote from: amlithist on February 05, 2013,  9:36:16 AM

Just in this morning, from an online Comp I student--in its entirety:

am sure i did the assignment about five years later and i dont see where you have reply to it or see my work?

That's it.  I've never seen, spoken, or corresponded with this student before, nor has she turned in one word of work so far, save the (nearly incomprehensible response to the) required first assignment ("introduce yourself on the discussion board").  I wrote back, chiding her about email etiquette and pointing out that I have no CLUE what she means.

On the other hand, it does have a kind of mind-numbing, zen quality about it, doesn't it?  Maybe I could print it out and tape it to the edge of my monitor, to calm me when needed.

Obviously, she is a time traveller and this sentence will only make sense in six years. Silly Amlithist.

(The scary thing is that you will apparently still be teaching this class in six years. You really should do something to nix this timeline before it gets fixed.)

conjugate:
Quote from: mystictechgal on February 05, 2013,  1:09:22 PM

am sure i did the assignment about five years later and i dont see where you have reply to it or see my work?

That's it.  I've never seen, spoken, or corresponded with this student before, nor has she turned in one word of work so far, save the (nearly incomprehensible response to the) required first assignment ("introduce yourself on the discussion board").  I wrote back, chiding her about email etiquette and pointing out that I have no CLUE what she means.

On the other hand, it does have a kind of mind-numbing, zen quality about it, doesn't it?  Maybe I could print it out and tape it to the edge of my monitor, to calm me when needed.

Obviously, she is a time traveller and this sentence will only make sense in six years. Silly Amlithist.

(The scary thing is that you will apparently still be teaching this class in six years. You really should do something to nix this timeline before it gets fixed.)

Perhaps the assignment is about Dumas' Twenty Years After and the student mistook the title by a factor of four? Do any of the assignments deal with times, names, quantities that could be five of something?

Since there is no question in the e-mail, you could simply ignore it. However, I think the response of "no clue" is good.  Let us know if this person manages a coherent reply.

ptarmigan:

Did you give an assignment about something having to do with 5 years from now, or 5 years after some event? If so, the student is saying that she thinks she submitted that assignment but that she doesn't see a grade or response from you, nor can she see the assignment that she submitted.

amlithist:
In this online class, the only assignment so far (aside from reading and some grammar quizzes and activities) was to introduce themselves. By the way, I have a photo roster, and she has a very common surname, and is an African American student, so I don't think it's an ESL issue.

lohai0:
Hey lohai0,

I am volunteering at a retreat this weekend, and due to a lack of communication and planning, I found out tonight that I will be gone friday. Is there anyway I can take the test tomorrow (ideally after the review in class) or thursday?

Thanks so much,
Clueless Kid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page