Elections 2008

<< < (465/2403) > >>

kaysixteen:
I remember reading this in 1994.  Jeff Jacoby's comments in 2007 are not what I was referring to.  He was not even a Globe columnist in '94.  There was a bigish brouhaha over it, sorrta, somewhat, but Romney is a Mormon, so he does not get to complain, and Uncle Ted must be a good guy.  After all, he never even got convicted for Chappaquiddick, and he sure enough has brought home lots of pork.

daniel_von_flanagan:
Quote from: kaysixteen on March 17, 2008,  4:36:32 PM

I remember reading this in 1994.  Jeff Jacoby's comments in 2007 are not what I was referring to.  He was not even a Globe columnist in '94.
Yes he was, and in the column I link to he refers to what he wrote in '94.  If you are thinking of someone else then please give a reference to the quote.

The fact that you do not like Kennedy does not mean that you get to make stuff up about him, at least not without it being challenged. - DvF

kaysixteen:
I am unwilling to pay for access to newspaper online archives to demonstrate a point on a chatroom.  I know what happened; you do not even live here and do not know what happened.  Jacoby wrote for the Boston Herald in that era.  I also know that no act of bad behavior or sleazy hypocrisy is beyond Ted K, a truly vile, filthy murderer.  Demo partisans like you would howl to high heaven against a  man such as him, were he a GOPer.  Somehow, however, being one of your boyos makes his disgusting criminal character acceptable.

historywoman:
OK, let's take a laugh break here, to ease the tensions of all these debates and primaries.  I posted this last fall, but considering the tenor of the presidential election this year, it bears repeating (and viewing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mNDHTfdn1A

Incidentally, this clip comes from the movie The Best Little Whore house in Texas.  Take that for what you will.

Enjoy!

HW

daniel_von_flanagan:
Quote from: kaysixteen on March 17, 2008,  9:50:02 PM

I know what happened; you do not even live here and do not know what happened.

Another unsupportable statement, though in this case it happens to be half correct.  I do not live in Boston at this point in time, but I happen to have followed that campaign at the time.

Jacoby wrote for the Boston Herald in that era.

Moved to the Globe in February 1994.

I also know that no act of bad behavior or sleazy hypocrisy is beyond Ted K, a truly vile, filthy murderer.

If you have a beef about Chappaquiddick, take it up with the Republican-appointed judge who set Kennedy's sentence after he pleaded guilty to the actual crime (not murder) which he committed. 

The issue in this thread is not what Kennedy might or might not have done in '69, but your unsupported assertion about what he said in '94 about Romney.  Just because Kennedy was apparently an irresponsible drunk driver when he was 37, that does not mean he was a religious bigot when he was 62.

Demo partisans like you would howl to high heaven against a  man such as him, were he a GOPer. 

On the contrary, I think that all who are credibly accused of serious crimes, be they Edward Kennedy, Scooter Libby, Richard Nixon, Oliver North, Ellott Abrams, or any other public servant, should face a trial to uncover the truth of the allegations, and serve the sentence as meted out by the judge and/or jury.  In the list above, exactly one of the people both faced his trial and served out his sentence. - DvF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page