yemaya:
Quote from: oldfullprof on February 02, 2013,  4:39:05 AM

What? You naughty little students
You've shown your rudeness
And you shall have no pie

But be good scholars
And save your dollars
We'll readmit you bye and bye

Yeah, "forced to withdraw" may sound good, but it's really just a suspension.  It sounds worse than it actually is, although it's undoubtedly more than cheaters would get at plenty of other institutions.  And I still suspect that the second part of LarryC's prediction will come true.

spork:
It simply means the students will be back in a semester or two, although the parents of many will hire lawyers to try to render the whole thing meaningless.

What I'd like to see is a list of names and punishments. Let's find out whose parents are in Congress.

marigolds:
I hope it will at least remain on their transcripts.

seniorscholar:
When I was on the discipline committee at my public R-1, I learned that only expulsion (with no provision for readmission) could go on the transcript, and though expulsion for actual crimes that then went into charges for prosecution in court was simply noted as "expelled, date," the ones for academic offenses could read, at the committee's recommendation, "expelled for academic dishonesty." Suspension did not go on the transcript,  whether for a set period or not, since sometimes a sentence of suspension arose when a student had been committed to a mental hospital and parents wanted an official suspension to avoid having an F recorded for all courses during the semester or the evidence needed to stop paying the installment-plan tuition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page