Book writing support group

(1/8) > >>

dinamica:
Hi!

Is anyone else interested in getting together a book-writing support group? I am halfway through a ms. which I hope to finish by Fall 2013. I have some on-campus responsibilities but I am not teaching and writing does get lonely sometimes. Would love to find others working on books to check in with.

calexico:
Hi Dinamica! I'm in the exact same situation and yes, writing does get lonely sometimes. Count me in for the support group.

itried:
Would four journal articles count? I'm on sabbatical next semester and plan to write up papers from various research projects (I'm STEM), yet I find writing to be excruciating.

dinamica:
Itried: 4 articles count for sure!

Calexico: welcome to the group. 

I am really excited about checking in daily. I don't know if this happens to you but I second-guess myself all the time. I wonder if this is a book worth writing, I sometimes lose sight of the big picture. Right now I am starting a new chapter and the organization of material that comes before the writing rehashes for me the blank page issue all over again.

I am writing an intellectual biography. It is a new type of project for me since until now I have always written literary criticism. It is a more creative project than the literary criticism that I have always written but it is also more disquieting for me at this point.

I just stumbled upon a quote a friend of mine passed on:

Writing a book is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights go, but you can make the whole trip that way.
E. L. Doctorow

I'd love to hear about what you guys are working on and what your difficulties are.

tinyzombie:
Ok, I'm in. I need a new project: might as well be long form writing.

I have a couple of articles and a novella with which I'm currently playing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page