Bang Your Head on Your Desk - the thread of teaching despair!

<< < (1631/2496) > >>

yellowtractor:
My office is in a bend in the hallway.  Just now a student, walking down the hallway while texting, missed the bend, walked straight into my office, and stumbled into me, at my desk.

Of course, texting is really about developing the superior hand-eye coordination skills that our men and women of the future need, etc.  I've been told I was in the way before, but this is the first time I've really felt it.

chaosbydesign:
Hilarious, YT!

Maybe you should close your office door. Better having students walk into that than into you.

porcupine:
Quote from: yellowtractor on January 23, 2013,  5:36:54 PM

My office is in a bend in the hallway.  Just now a student, walking down the hallway while texting, missed the bend, walked straight into my office, and stumbled into me, at my desk.

Of course, texting is really about developing the superior hand-eye coordination skills that our men and women of the future need, etc.  I've been told I was in the way before, but this is the first time I've really felt it.

Honestly, that is the funniest story I have heard for ages! What did the student say?

marigolds:
Quote from: porcupine on January 23, 2013,  7:07:47 PM

Quote from: yellowtractor on January 23, 2013,  5:36:54 PM

Honestly, that is the funniest story I have heard for ages! What did the student say?

What did YOU say? Did you shriek?

mountainguy:
If it had been me, I would have said: "Oh, good! The webcam caught everything!"

(OK, I probably wouldn't have had the wherewithal on the spot. But I would have thought that five minutes after the fact).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page