• October 30, 2014
October 30, 2014, 8:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-using a proposal for fellowship applications  (Read 3581 times)
salut

« on: December 14, 2012, 11:24:40 AM »

I'm looking into applying to a couple of US postdoc fellowship programs at the moment. Two of the programs I'd like to apply to are institution-funded and one is funded by a national research body. Could anyone advise as to whether submitting the same proposal to multiple institutions is frowned upon for postdoc fellowships? (None of the application guidelines mention anything about it...) I know that it is for many grant applications, but I wondered whether the same would apply here. Thanks!
kron3007
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 2:20:52 PM »

Of course you would have to revise it to fit within each competitions guidlines, but I dont see a problem with that in essence.

The fact is that you would only be able to accept one even if you were offered more than one, so it isnt like you are double dipping.
dr_fungal
Filamentous

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 3:24:47 AM »

With a national postdoc fellowship they may ask if you have submitted the proposal elsewhere (it will go onto the "current and pending" information). 

I agree with kron.

through the dolipore septum
reener06
Just another
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 8:57:20 AM »

I did this, with changes per the grant (not fellowship) guidelines. One was rejected; was was asked to revise and resubmit. The only problem is, if it is a small field, that your reviewers for each may be the same. I think one of mine was the same reviewer.
salut

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 6:23:50 AM »

Thanks all! I took kron's advice and went ahead (I actually asked my potential host about it too, and he also seemed to think it would be fine). I'm waiting to hear back from the applications at the moment...
charlie_drillco

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:50 AM »

I have done this recently, repacked one proposal for a different but related fellowship. In fact it was encouraged. It was required to be forthcoming about applying for both.

Good luck to everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: