alarming/weird moments during finals week

(1/22) > >>

geoteo:
Two colleagues, Physics Guy and Micro Woman, were giving their finals in the multi-purpose room.  A student asked Physics Guy if she could go to the bathroom (not permitted).  He reminded her of this, and she replied, "But I'm having a miscarriage."  He summoned Micro Woman, who whisked the student into the hall.  The bookstore's assistant manager, on her way to the bookstore,  called for an ambulance; the campus police arrived, followed by the counselor and the AD for Student Affairs, and the student was carried away for appropriate medical intervention.

This has been a really weird finals week, but this incident tops all--at least for us.  What kinds of weirdness have y'all experienced?

sinenomine:
Not me personally, but years ago, a friend of mine had a student die during a final.

theritas:
Quote from: sinenomine on May 01, 2013, 11:22:47 AM

Not me personally, but years ago, a friend of mine had a student die during a final.

Well, there won't be any topping that.  I hope!

geoteo:
I don't see how it would be possible to top it.  How sad and frightening!

zenprof:
This morning a quiet, stoic student, one I don't know well but like well enough, showed up for the final exam with a huge black-eye, all swollen up.  I asked "You ok to be here? Do you need to be home, taking care of that?"; he said "I'm all right," and sat down, and then took the exam.  (!) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page