• August 25, 2016
August 25, 2016, 5:41:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Academics' chronic health support group  (Read 1295 times)
gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)
Distinguished Senior Member

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« on: July 28, 2016, 6:34:20 pm »

For anyone here who has a chronic health issue, we have a small private group on FB made up of academics where we gripe, commiserate, share information, and generally just help each other out when it seems like no one else can. The members of the group are not known outside of the group unless they want to be. No matter what your health issue is, if you would like to join us, and are on FB, PM me and I will let you know how to get in contact with us to be a part of the group. There is no pressure, just a group of people who support each other, often when things get really rough. You have nothing to lose but a lack of support from like-minded group of individuals.

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)
Distinguished Senior Member

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 7:15:02 pm »

I just thought about this. In case anyone is worried, I'm not sharing your fora moniker with anyone in the FB group once you've contacted me. That remains between you and me. And no one in the group itself is worried about who you might be over here. All that matters is that we support each other and you have a safe place to go to talk about your chronic illness.

Just in case that wasn't clear. I've gotten so much out of the group, as well as the others, we wanted to open it up to others like us who might not have heard of it.

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: