• October 31, 2014
October 31, 2014, 1:38:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with your Chronicle username and password
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 2336
  Print  
Author Topic: Only really exciting posts  (Read 2570219 times)
marigolds
looks far too young to be a
Distinguished Senior Member

i had fun once and it was awful

« Reply #14925 on: March 08, 2011, 7:54:38 PM »

I cleaned out the fish tank today.

Did you know that snail poop is kind of big?

They are our servants.  They are like dogs.  Sometimes, they think they remember being wolves, but they are only dreaming.
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

Whatever your problem is, it's probably my fault.

« Reply #14926 on: March 08, 2011, 9:57:10 PM »

You have snails in your fish tank?

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a

« Reply #14927 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »

I was going to phrase it slightly differently:

You keep your snails in your fish tank?

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
barred_owl
Elegant yet understated

« Reply #14928 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14:43 AM »

Question for mountainguy:  "Spicy" tabouleh?  My recipe calls for parsley, mint, a pinch of garlic, and salt and pepper to taste (not counting the bulgur, onion, tomato, cucumber, and lemon juice/olive oil).

My excitement: I just finished composing my lecture on the endocrine system.  I'm going to have to compose another one, though, because the endocrine system is very complicated.

...I can't help rooting for the underdog underbird.
isotope
A Ronnie James Dio Approved

I am a #$%&! delight.

« Reply #14929 on: March 09, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »

I just finished grading a pile of lab reports.  They were not great, but nobody received a failing grade.

"I dunno, Dr. Isotope.  All your music sounds like something off of guitar hero, expert level." -- student
concordancia

« Reply #14930 on: March 09, 2011, 1:12:45 AM »

I keep seeing the title of a certain thread and picturing people watching someone read a paper to themselves, rather than out loud.

I like money.  I like to buy stuff and experiences with money.  
mystictechgal
Happy in my "full, rich adulthood", and as a
Member-Moderator

One step at a time

« Reply #14931 on: March 09, 2011, 3:25:48 AM »

I once bought plants for my goldfish that evidently had Apple Snail eggs attached. I ended up with a bumper crop of snails. Enough that I made some money for a few years by selling their progeny to the pet store, and there were enough left over that Micro could eat them when he chose and I had breeders left. The snap that sounded when he pulled one of them out of their shell for a snack was, surprisingly, incredibly loud--it could cut through any television show or music we were listening to; actually, you could hear it if you were in the next room, even if tv or music was playing. They were pretty cool.

I like snails. (No, not just to eat, but I like them that way, too.) I once took one on a tour of El Yunque. Picked it up at the trail head and carried it along. It got to sit on a log while we swam under a waterfall, then, later, got to sit on a railing next to the table while we had lunch with, at that altitude, on that day, a blizzard raging outside. We didn't summit because of that. When we got back to the trail head I put the snail back exactly where I'd found it. My husband and I had great fun discussing what the snail's impression of what happened to it might have been. It was undoubtedly the best traveled snail in all of Puerto Rico, if not the world. If snails wrote or read books, it would have been able to produce a best seller, although it probably would have been classified as science fiction or fantasy by the readership.

You must realize that a university cannot educate you. You must do that for yourself, although a college or university is the place where it is likely that you can study most efficiently.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/chapman.htm

"Is all the same, only different" -- HL
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #14932 on: March 09, 2011, 4:03:57 AM »

We used to have a major snail problem out in the yard and gardens. Then we got chickens.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
biomancer
trying to be the person my dog thinks I am

CHE Fora Hazmat Team

« Reply #14933 on: March 09, 2011, 9:29:31 AM »

My fishtank is currently devoid of snails.  It is also devoid of fish, plants, gravel, water, and circulatory machinery.  It is not a very exciting fishtank.

Clueless people can be dangerous. The acidic environment they can spread often needs to be neutralized, and humor is basic.  - Dellaroux

I have realized that it is best to assume everyone is bonkers until they demonstrate otherwise. - ChaosByDesign
pollinate

« Reply #14934 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

Last week I noticed snails in two of my fish tanks.  It has been months since I added anything to the tanks (except for moving a fish from one to the other) so I have no idea how the snails arrived.  Perhaps they grew so slowly (temperature and lack of food) that I only just noticed them.  The alternate possibilities may be too exciting for this thread.
llanfair
Still reading past her bedtime and Very

Whither Canada?

« Reply #14935 on: March 09, 2011, 3:05:53 PM »

My hovercraft is full of eels, so I don't suppose snails in a fish tank is so very strange.

Stop looking for zebras when the horse is already standing on your foot.
chaosbydesign
"Are you alive?"
Member-Moderator

Whatever your problem is, it's probably my fault.

« Reply #14936 on: March 09, 2011, 3:09:08 PM »

Monty Python references ARE TOO EXCITING FOR THIS THREAD.

:)

I just picked a cat hair off my foot.

I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously sir. To which one are you referring? -- Spock
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #14937 on: March 09, 2011, 3:13:50 PM »

Typing in all-caps is also too exciting for this thread.

(Translation: I know I am, but what are you?)

:)

I am always picking cat hairs off my foot.

ab_grp
doing the best imitation of myself as a

« Reply #14938 on: March 09, 2011, 3:26:42 PM »

I often find cat hairs on my face.

Quote from: bread_pirate_naan
You are a genius. 

There is apparently no joy in life that mathematicians will not attempt to dessicate with the dry, hot air of statistical analysis. -anonymous commenter
llanfair

Whither Canada?

« Reply #14939 on: March 09, 2011, 3:27:55 PM »

I often find cat hairs in my car.

On my glasses.

In my nose.

In my pear tree.

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 2336
  Print  

Jump to: