• October 7, 2015

Chronicle Forums

October 07, 2015, 2:39:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:32:24 am 
Started by sinenomine - Last post by mystictechgal
I'm just curious whether there are periods when this student thinks castration was a normal activity!

Clearly you don't watch enough Game of Thrones.

Castrati were pretty popular in 16th-18th century Italy, IIRC.

on: Today at 01:22:19 am 
Started by ysupenguin1984 - Last post by mystictechgal
The Illuminati built the Denver International Airport.

I thought they were only responsible for the "devil horse".

on: Today at 12:29:48 am 
Started by angela - Last post by baleful_regards
OP is our own troll Snow White.

She wakes, kissed by her bigoted prince,  to spout ridiculous garbage until she eats her poison apple and slumbers once more.

on: Today at 12:29:03 am 
Started by chicago_48 - Last post by jones12345
Lots of excellent activities to help students work on their communication skills due to certain extent.

on: Today at 12:25:50 am 
Started by nordyandtheglamazons - Last post by baleful_regards
We watch a lot of documentaries in the BalefulHouse.

Exit through the Gift Shop - Street Art, but most notable for the Banksy.

The Lottery - 4 students in Harlem trying to get into the Harlem Success Academy

Brooklyn Castle - 5 students on a chess team in Brooklyn

Gasland - Frakking. Grrr.

A Place at the Table - Food insecurity in a country that should never have food insecurity

More than Honey - The bee colony collapse and what it might mean for our environment

Little White Lie - PBS again - A young black woman investigates why her family told her she was white. An amazing film. The whole BalefulFamily was riveted. Particularly poignant for our biracial family.

Into the Abyss - I am a fan of Herzog's work and this one tackles capital punishment.

Hoop Dreams - I still remember watching this when it came out and it remains, to my mind, a startling portrait of the false allure of professional athletics being a "ticket" out of inner city poverty.

The First 1,000 days - the impact of proper nutrition in the development of young children around the world.

Unmistaken Child - the search for a reincarnated llama

on: Today at 12:15:20 am 
Started by ysupenguin1984 - Last post by cc_alan

I believe the baggage system was designed by engineering students from Miskatonic University.

on: Today at 12:08:49 am 
Started by voxprincipalis - Last post by voxprincipalis

You are batsh*t insane.

on: Today at 12:05:37 am 
Started by fiona - Last post by sprout
We just discussed this in a meeting today!  Official word here is:  yes to service animals on campus, no to comfort animals.

on: Today at 12:03:55 am 
Started by totoro - Last post by quirkius
I wasn't there, but my grad adviser told me about a job talk where a candidate who did work in Russian or Soviet studies was asked a question about a paper/book he'd referred to during the talk. The candidate answered the question in Russian. The question had been asked in English. No one else in the room spoke Russian. Did not get the job.

on: Yesterday at 11:48:06 pm 
Started by ysupenguin1984 - Last post by drbrt

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10