Mischevious Twins

<< < (2/7) > >>

elsie:
That reminds me of a pair of twins we had here a few years ago. These two were not only identical; they dressed identically, down to the doodads hanging off their backpacks. Every single detail of their outfits was matched one to the other. Every day.

wet_blanket:
If they're not sitting together, but are each always with the same crew, that will help you learn their names.

Quote from: melba_frilkins on January 23, 2013,  4:53:56 PM

Well, wait. I don't understand the potential problem. If both twins are present, you mark both present. If only one is present then you ask, "Are you Ed or Ted?" and accept that answer...if Twin A is present but wants to lie and make you give credit to Twin B, well then that's only going to hurt Twin A.

This was my thought as well.

chaosbydesign:
Quote from: wet_blanket on January 23, 2013,  5:35:28 PM

Quote from: melba_frilkins on January 23, 2013,  4:53:56 PM

Well, wait. I don't understand the potential problem. If both twins are present, you mark both present. If only one is present then you ask, "Are you Ed or Ted?" and accept that answer...if Twin A is present but wants to lie and make you give credit to Twin B, well then that's only going to hurt Twin A.

This was my thought as well.

They could both insist that they were there and try to say that the professor wrote down the wrong name, and try to argue that since it can't be proven which one was there, you can't mark either as absent.

(If they tried that with me I'd put them both down as absent, because I'm mean. And it might stop them trying it again.)

chemystery:
Quote from: geoteo on January 23, 2013,  5:28:12 PM

Would they study?

I believe there's a line from a song to address this.

"I would do anything for an A, but I won't do that."

At least, that's how I think it goes.

lohai0:
Quote from: elsie on January 23, 2013,  5:29:59 PM

That reminds me of a pair of twins we had here a few years ago. These two were not only identical; they dressed identically, down to the doodads hanging off their backpacks. Every single detail of their outfits was matched one to the other. Every day.

I had a pair that did this. They were like having The Children of the Corn in class. Even their mother couldn't tell them apart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page